Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Understanding software and what to do
Understanding software and what to do
Trying to learn to read the software results from sleepyhead before I make too many adjustments.
Any advice?
Respironics System One Auto with A-Flex. 11 cm H2O.
Plus a chinstrap.
I have lost weight, lowered pressure from 13. I still have a few incidents per night (Hypopnea, OA, CA, RERA, Snore, PB).
I get air pumped into my stomache now, and I think my teeth might be grinding because of the chinstrap.
Before I ask any opinion questions about those conditions, I'd like to get some advice on how to read the data on Sleepyhead software: for example, could I continue to reduce my pressure, say, 2 cm once per month, and observe the results? What results would I see? Would the incidents begin to increase and so I would know that the pressure was now too low, and should be raised? Even more detailed: what flow rate should I be yearning for? Or what Tidal volume should I set as my goal?
The feedback from the machine is obviously used for something. I fure it shouls be used for me to observe-respond-make adjustments-reobserve-respond again ... etc.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Jake
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding software and what to do
Welcome to the forum
Set the machine on auto so it adjust to your needs and don,t have to worry about adjusting the pressure.
Its not expected to get zero AHI every night ... at and below 5 is good result.
Its important to get leak under control as it can affect the quality of the therapy
Don,t over-tighten the chinstrap ... its just a reminder to keep mouth closed
Full face mask is another option instead of the chinstrap
Some folk have used some sort of mouth guard for teeth grinding

You may request the manual of your machine via Email (section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

SleepyHead support PRS1 50 series (550) Not the 60 series (560)
The 60 series is the newer machine with the heated hose as shown here

[Image: systemone_275x250.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
jtomal,

Welcome!

Please refer to the forum Wiki for recommendations on pressure adjustment. I'd recommend you never go more than 1 cmH2O on any adjustment and you evaluate that change for 7 - 14 days before making another adjustment. Looking at you data is critical to really understand the effects. The software is great, but you can also get most of the numbers off your machine display. You just have to write them down every day.

Air in stomach - aerophagia. Common side effect, particularly in new patients. I'll let others who had dealt with this (I haven't) give you suggestions.

Flow rate and tidal volume are detemined by your body. A small woman in great shape may breath very slow and shallow. A large couch sitting smoker (me) will have quicker and deeper respiration. Your doctor should be able to tell you if the numbers are reasonable for your sex, size, shape, and lung condition. Note, when the flow goes to zero, that's an apnea. The time limit the machines us to register an event is >10 seconds. If you look at the detailed flow data, if may see "micro-apneas" lasting <10 seconds. In my case, these come in clusters, something I never would have known without the software.

Several people here can help you with the details on using Sleepyhead.

Best of Luck! Keep us up to date on your treatment.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at your data every day until it makes sense to you. It took me about a month before I could understand how to use it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jtomal Welcome
I agree with Zonk. Since you have an auto, you can actually allow it to work the way it was designed and set it on auto. If in a month or so you decide you want to set it back to CPAP mode, you can do that, but at least you will have some data to give you an idea where to set the CPAP pressure. I have the same machine and I have mine in auto mode and it works wonders!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
There are two things to look at:

AHI - you want that less than 5.

HYF - how you feel.

The rest just provides reasons for these two.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jtomal, WELCOME! to the forum.! Best of luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 152 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 115 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Understanding OSCAR data BaldZoomer 3 209 04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,928 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,222 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 591 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 889 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.