Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Undetected apneas
My ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt doesn't seem to be detecting all apneas. Looking at the traces attached, you can see non-flow events of up to 40 seconds, which are not flagged, and which it seems the machine is not responding to. Any ideas on what's happening?

Supplementary question - Using Resscan, why can't I see a flow graph? It just doesn't come up on the available graphs for either navigation or detailed. (Ver 4.3.0.7081)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-29-2013 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

RE: Undetected apneas
(11-29-2013 10:44 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  Supplementary question - Using Resscan, why can't I see a flow graph? It just doesn't come up on the available graphs for either navigation or detailed. (Ver 4.3.0.7081)
You need to click on the funny looking symbol (hide/show graph information panel) next to serial number and choose/tick which graph you want to be shown on either panels

Also if you have not downloaded for while, Flow only available for the last 7 days
11-29-2013 11:31 PM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt

Other Comments:

(11-29-2013 11:31 PM)zonk Wrote:  
(11-29-2013 10:44 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  Supplementary question - Using Resscan, why can't I see a flow graph? It just doesn't come up on the available graphs for either navigation or detailed. (Ver 4.3.0.7081)
You need to click on the funny looking symbol (hide/show graph information panel) next to serial number and choose/tick which graph you want to be shown on either panels

Also if you have not downloaded for while, Flow only available for the last 7 days

Thanks Zonk. But "Flow" isn't one of the options. Is there another setting to get it to come up, or a later version of ResScan? (I download the data daily, so that's not an issue).

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 12:47 AM by DeepBreathing.)
11-30-2013 12:46 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
physicsstudent13 Offline

Members-b

Machine: Phillips bipap autosv
Mask Make & Model: Amara
Humidifier: Phillips
CPAP Pressure: 4-12cm
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

I demasked all the time on the vpap s9 I began to believe the Phillips asv is a better machine and they seem to have tons of experience in engineering and create hospital x ray machines. there is a AVAPS which may be an even newer phillips model
11-30-2013 02:53 AM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Other Comments:

(11-30-2013 02:53 AM)physicsstudent13 Wrote:  I demasked all the time on the vpap s9 I began to believe the Phillips asv is a better machine and they seem to have tons of experience in engineering and create hospital x ray machines. there is a AVAPS which may be an even newer phillips model

I had the Philips machine on loan for a couple of weeks. I found it pretty good, but I get a much better sleep with the ResMed. Look for a thread "Holden v Ford" which has a discussion of the two.

In terms of experience, Resmed was started by the guy who invented PAP therapy (though Respironics got to the market first). Very interesting history here: http://www.resmed.com/ap/assets/document...rigins.pdf

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

11-30-2013 04:44 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Deepbreathing, unless I am misunderstanding which flow you are needing to see, flow limitation is the first checkmark on that list you had in the last attachment.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

11-30-2013 12:49 PM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Other Comments:

(11-30-2013 12:49 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  Deepbreathing, unless I am misunderstanding which flow you are needing to see, flow limitation is the first checkmark on that list you had in the last attachment.

Hi Paula. They're two different things. When I said "flow" I meant "flow rate" which is the actual flow of air in and out of the lungs. "Flow Limitation" is a partial obstruction of the airway as detected by a change in the shape of the flow signal (from SleepyHead FAQ).

It's the flow rate I'm most interested in as that shows exactly how my breathing is going and what the apneas look like. I see this in Sleepyhead but not in ResScan. It concerns me that SH is showing these long episodes of no flow which are not being flagged as apneas. I know SH is still beta and has a few bugs, so I want to confirm it in ResScan. But ResScan doesn't seem to have a flow rate option that I can find.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

11-30-2013 05:30 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

[attachment=580]

is this what you are asking about?
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 05:55 PM by me50.)
11-30-2013 05:52 PM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Other Comments:

Yes - that's what I want! But there doesn't seem to be any way to get the flow graph up. What version of ResScan are you using? Is there a hidden setting somewhere that I can't see?

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

11-30-2013 05:55 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

(11-30-2013 05:55 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  
(11-30-2013 05:52 PM)me50 Wrote:  

Yes - that's what I want! But there doesn't seem to be any way to get the flow graph up. What version of ResScan are you using? Is there a hidden setting somewhere that I can't see?
I have the same version of ResScan that you do.
[attachment=582]
[attachment=581]
[attachment=581]
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 06:31 PM by me50.)
11-30-2013 06:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Pressure] Hypoxic- No Apneas- Pressure Too High? beardog 13 635 11-08-2016 06:19 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Clear/Central Apneas, BiPAP, CO2 washout confusion. NorthernGuy 3 486 09-02-2016 09:29 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [Treatment] Auto CPAP, high/erratic AHI, high Clear Apneas - it's not working jmortensenjr 10 761 08-30-2016 09:07 PM
Last Post: jmortensenjr
  Central Apneas & ASV Users jerrydaw 11 1,143 08-21-2016 04:15 PM
Last Post: ruach
  Central Apneas nadprok 5 655 07-22-2016 12:29 PM
Last Post: nadprok
Gross New Member - High Central Apneas TiredChem 2 485 07-19-2016 06:25 AM
Last Post: richb
  Can CPAP therapy cause Total Clear Airway Apneas TheLionSleeps 3 602 07-17-2016 08:39 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime