Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Undetected apneas
Undetected apneas
My ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt doesn't seem to be detecting all apneas. Looking at the traces attached, you can see non-flow events of up to 40 seconds, which are not flagged, and which it seems the machine is not responding to. Any ideas on what's happening?

Supplementary question - Using Resscan, why can't I see a flow graph? It just doesn't come up on the available graphs for either navigation or detailed. (Ver 4.3.0.7081)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Undetected apneas
(11-29-2013, 10:44 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Supplementary question - Using Resscan, why can't I see a flow graph? It just doesn't come up on the available graphs for either navigation or detailed. (Ver 4.3.0.7081)
You need to click on the funny looking symbol (hide/show graph information panel) next to serial number and choose/tick which graph you want to be shown on either panels

Also if you have not downloaded for while, Flow only available for the last 7 days

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2013, 11:31 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-29-2013, 10:44 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Supplementary question - Using Resscan, why can't I see a flow graph? It just doesn't come up on the available graphs for either navigation or detailed. (Ver 4.3.0.7081)
You need to click on the funny looking symbol (hide/show graph information panel) next to serial number and choose/tick which graph you want to be shown on either panels

Also if you have not downloaded for while, Flow only available for the last 7 days

Thanks Zonk. But "Flow" isn't one of the options. Is there another setting to get it to come up, or a later version of ResScan? (I download the data daily, so that's not an issue).
Post Reply Post Reply
I demasked all the time on the vpap s9 I began to believe the Phillips asv is a better machine and they seem to have tons of experience in engineering and create hospital x ray machines. there is a AVAPS which may be an even newer phillips model
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2013, 02:53 AM)physicsstudent13 Wrote: I demasked all the time on the vpap s9 I began to believe the Phillips asv is a better machine and they seem to have tons of experience in engineering and create hospital x ray machines. there is a AVAPS which may be an even newer phillips model

I had the Philips machine on loan for a couple of weeks. I found it pretty good, but I get a much better sleep with the ResMed. Look for a thread "Holden v Ford" which has a discussion of the two.

In terms of experience, Resmed was started by the guy who invented PAP therapy (though Respironics got to the market first). Very interesting history here: http://www.resmed.com/ap/assets/document...rigins.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Deepbreathing, unless I am misunderstanding which flow you are needing to see, flow limitation is the first checkmark on that list you had in the last attachment.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2013, 12:49 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Deepbreathing, unless I am misunderstanding which flow you are needing to see, flow limitation is the first checkmark on that list you had in the last attachment.

Hi Paula. They're two different things. When I said "flow" I meant "flow rate" which is the actual flow of air in and out of the lungs. "Flow Limitation" is a partial obstruction of the airway as detected by a change in the shape of the flow signal (from SleepyHead FAQ).

It's the flow rate I'm most interested in as that shows exactly how my breathing is going and what the apneas look like. I see this in Sleepyhead but not in ResScan. It concerns me that SH is showing these long episodes of no flow which are not being flagged as apneas. I know SH is still beta and has a few bugs, so I want to confirm it in ResScan. But ResScan doesn't seem to have a flow rate option that I can find.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=580]

is this what you are asking about?

Post Reply Post Reply

Yes - that's what I want! But there doesn't seem to be any way to get the flow graph up. What version of ResScan are you using? Is there a hidden setting somewhere that I can't see?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2013, 05:55 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(11-30-2013, 05:52 PM)me50 Wrote:

Yes - that's what I want! But there doesn't seem to be any way to get the flow graph up. What version of ResScan are you using? Is there a hidden setting somewhere that I can't see?
I have the same version of ResScan that you do.
[attachment=582]
[attachment=581]
[attachment=581]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 851 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 262 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,282 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 276 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 452 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.