Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Undo button
(08-08-2015, 10:48 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: The freeware jewel called VLC will likely solve your dilemma. It's a great way to play any playable media. MS has evidently elected to not include DVD decoding software with Win8. http://ww w.videolan.org/vlc/index.html or Google VLC.

I tried that and once it acted like it was going to start the dvd and I had to get out of it b/c I had to turn the speakers on and it never worked after that so I uninstalled it.

I am installing it again to see if I get better results this time. For those reading this, VLC is a good general dvd player but it does not support Blu Ray from what I read.

First I used cyberlink power dvd 10 and one of the movies worked but the 2nd one would not play. Then I finally got VLC to work but that movie stopped 1/2 way through. I then put it back in and tried again with power dvd 10 and was able to finish the movie.

Go figure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have lost many responses due to accidental closing of a tab (shortcut key). I guess I hit the Ctrl-W somehow. The response can often be found by opening the last closed tab from the history menu or ctrl+shift+T
Post Reply Post Reply
I 2nd VLC. I use it for everything. I stopped using WMP back in XP days when it didn't have this codec or that codec.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Here is another one for you. I am searching for the very best way (and yep, I am doing my investigation into this) to print text messages from an LG G3 and LG G4. We don't have wifi in the house. Printer is connected to laptop via usb. I can email it to an email address but it doesn't preserve the date and time stamp.
Post Reply Post Reply