Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unhappy Mask Seal
Unhappy Mask Seal
Last night was the first time I had an unhappy mask seal! I did toss and turn often and must have had my mask leaking my AHI was the highest ever at 7.2. Is that what happens when you do not have your mask sealed properly?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unhappy Mask Seal
Does sleepyhead verify high leak?
During periods of high leak, both the efficacy of therapy and the ability to correctly score apnea events is compromised.

So, don't do that. Grin
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHi is always higher on leaky nights as JustMongo pointed out the machine can only compensate for so much and provide the same therapy, I have had my AHi below 1 on well sealed nights and 4+ on leaky nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have noticed that my leaks and AHI start to go up when it's time to change out a mask. How long have you been using the current one?

Also, it appears that the manufacturers don't put an UV protectant in their plastic recipes, meaning that the mask parts will deteriorate faster if they're left in the direct sunlight. . . Can you say; "Increased Sales"?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 300 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  F/P Vitera Mask seal problem bryank1 8 965 10-31-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  0/20 mask seal scores... please help! 1978 7 1,901 05-21-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,484 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] AirSense 10 Water Chamber INLET Seal lcfield 5 2,170 03-09-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: lcfield
  Experience about the the Evora FFM seal ? Albatros 3 804 03-04-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: nmwhitneyjr
  Trouble Getting Good Mask Seal Pole 5 846 03-01-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: mesenteria

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.