Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Do you experience uniterrupted sleep most nights?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I usually get an uninterrupted night’s sleep with the exception of bathroom trips.
42.86%
9 42.86%
Yes, I usually get an uninterrupted night’s sleep with the exception of bathroom trips but did not during an initial adjustment period to CPAP
9.52%
2 9.52%
No, I wake up several times due to position changes that may affect my CPAP therapy or for other CPAP associated reasons.
23.81%
5 23.81%
No, I wake up several times a night I don’t believe it is related to CPAP (Maybe pain. Noise, unknown reason)
23.81%
5 23.81%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Uninterupted Sleep?
This is my first attempt at a poll. I hope it makes sense. Comments in addition to answers to the poll questions will be appreciated.

Since using my CPAP and SleepyHead regularly and following this forum I have reduced my AHIs from the mid-teens to less than 1.0. Although I have been on CPAP for about 10 years I have been off more than on for most of that time. I got a ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset about three weeks ago and have been using it consistently, so in some respects I’m a newbie.

Although my OAs and RERAs and Hs are virtually eliminated It doesn’t seem my sleep has really improved as I find I wake up several times a night when I change positions, when I have an increase in mask leakage, etc. Sometimes for no discernable reason, perhaps worry that I’ve changed position. Of course sometimes I need to make a trip to the potty but let’s leave that out.

I miss the nights when I would fall asleep and stay out for 7 or 8 hours. 

So I’m wondering, how many of you get an uninterrupted night’s sleep most of the time? This question, of course, is for CPAP users only; although I doubt there are too many non-users on the forum.

Please answer the following poll questions as follows:
Yes, I usually get an uninterrupted night’s sleep with the exception of bathroom trips.
Yes, I usually get an uninterrupted night’s sleep with the exception of bathroom trips but did not during an initial adjustment period to CPAP
No, I wake up several times due to position changes that may affect my CPAP therapy or for other CPAP associated reasons.
No, I wake up several times a night but it is not related to CPAP (Maybe pain. Noise, unknown reason)

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
I wake up at night unrelated to cpap, but it has little to do with pain either. I think as we get older, some periods of wakefulness become more common.
Post Reply Post Reply
I woke up every 1-2 hours on my APAP, but since moving to a bilevel auto I go 5-7 straight. It may have been the adjustment period but personally I love my BiPap. It's super comfortable. And the p10s. Can't forget those!
Post Reply Post Reply

I usually get woken up by my wife's moving around (she has pain issues) or one of the three cats coming in to say feed me. If I am not interuppted, I can easily get 5 hours plus at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I couldn't find an answer that applied to me.   Eat-popcorn

I usually manage 4 to 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  

What wakes me up is having to change position due to hip pain. (Not related to Cpap)
I don't get up though, just change position and fall back asleep for another couple hours.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
If the dogs, or motion sensors around the house don't wake me up I can sleep 8 or 9 hours straight on apap.

Without it I can't sleep at all.
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm a newbie (have been on the hose for a little over a month), so I'm still figuring out what works best for me.

I can sleep all night, and only wake up if I've rolled to my side and caused my mask to shift & leak.

But most nights I wake up from kids, dogs, spouse, etc.... all throughout the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI was < 1 from week1 of apap. But I was awaken during the night for brief sub one minute periods.

When I switched to a constant pressure with aflex, those periods went away. Now, I wake up at the crack of daylight entering my bedroom.
Started APAP 4-20, Closed range to 7.5-14, then straight 8.0 w/ Aflex 3
RDI always below 1. But sleep much much better at straight pressure.
Started on F10, Tried Quattro Air successfully. Finally settled on P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep time varies from 7 to 9 hours, depending on how tired I am. Before cpap I would get up several times a night to go to the bathroom. The last few weeks I only get up to go to the bathroom once and that has synced with my usual work day wake up time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just learned I have sleep apnea, waiting to hear full results of sleep study SleeplessInOklahoma 18 1,782 09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Last Post: livingwithapnea
  Meet with sleep study center employee to look at masks for my sleep titration me50 11 2,874 12-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Peter_C
  [News] Sleep Disorder Breathing As a Huge Health Issue & Sleep Cycles ApneaNews 0 1,342 11-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ApneaNews