Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Do you experience uniterrupted sleep most nights?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I usually get an uninterrupted night’s sleep with the exception of bathroom trips.
40.91%
9 40.91%
Yes, I usually get an uninterrupted night’s sleep with the exception of bathroom trips but did not during an initial adjustment period to CPAP
9.09%
2 9.09%
No, I wake up several times due to position changes that may affect my CPAP therapy or for other CPAP associated reasons.
22.73%
5 22.73%
No, I wake up several times a night I don’t believe it is related to CPAP (Maybe pain. Noise, unknown reason)
27.27%
6 27.27%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Uninterupted Sleep?
Uninterupted Sleep?
This is my first attempt at a poll. I hope it makes sense. Comments in addition to answers to the poll questions will be appreciated.

Since using my CPAP and SleepyHead regularly and following this forum I have reduced my AHIs from the mid-teens to less than 1.0. Although I have been on CPAP for about 10 years I have been off more than on for most of that time. I got a ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset about three weeks ago and have been using it consistently, so in some respects I’m a newbie.

Although my OAs and RERAs and Hs are virtually eliminated It doesn’t seem my sleep has really improved as I find I wake up several times a night when I change positions, when I have an increase in mask leakage, etc. Sometimes for no discernable reason, perhaps worry that I’ve changed position. Of course sometimes I need to make a trip to the potty but let’s leave that out.

I miss the nights when I would fall asleep and stay out for 7 or 8 hours. 

So I’m wondering, how many of you get an uninterrupted night’s sleep most of the time? This question, of course, is for CPAP users only; although I doubt there are too many non-users on the forum.

Please answer the following poll questions as follows:
Yes, I usually get an uninterrupted night’s sleep with the exception of bathroom trips.
Yes, I usually get an uninterrupted night’s sleep with the exception of bathroom trips but did not during an initial adjustment period to CPAP
No, I wake up several times due to position changes that may affect my CPAP therapy or for other CPAP associated reasons.
No, I wake up several times a night but it is not related to CPAP (Maybe pain. Noise, unknown reason)

Thanks
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Uninterupted Sleep?
I wake up at night unrelated to cpap, but it has little to do with pain either. I think as we get older, some periods of wakefulness become more common.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I woke up every 1-2 hours on my APAP, but since moving to a bilevel auto I go 5-7 straight. It may have been the adjustment period but personally I love my BiPap. It's super comfortable. And the p10s. Can't forget those!
Post Reply Post Reply
I usually get woken up by my wife's moving around (she has pain issues) or one of the three cats coming in to say feed me. If I am not interuppted, I can easily get 5 hours plus at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I couldn't find an answer that applied to me.   Eat-popcorn

I usually manage 4 to 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  

What wakes me up is having to change position due to hip pain. (Not related to Cpap)
I don't get up though, just change position and fall back asleep for another couple hours.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the dogs, or motion sensors around the house don't wake me up I can sleep 8 or 9 hours straight on apap.

Without it I can't sleep at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a newbie (have been on the hose for a little over a month), so I'm still figuring out what works best for me.

I can sleep all night, and only wake up if I've rolled to my side and caused my mask to shift & leak.

But most nights I wake up from kids, dogs, spouse, etc.... all throughout the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI was < 1 from week1 of apap. But I was awaken during the night for brief sub one minute periods.

When I switched to a constant pressure with aflex, those periods went away. Now, I wake up at the crack of daylight entering my bedroom.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep time varies from 7 to 9 hours, depending on how tired I am. Before cpap I would get up several times a night to go to the bathroom. The last few weeks I only get up to go to the bathroom once and that has synced with my usual work day wake up time.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 222 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 252 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,416 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 833 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,061 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 699 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,270 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.