Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unknowingly taking off your mask, thoughts!
Phew. Being raked over the coals here is just as tough as being at a couple other forums.

I'm sorry for the length administrators. I am just hoping a new patient may stumble across this information and find some help.
Post Reply Post Reply
maybe you should have someone proofread your stuff before posting it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great advice palerider! So good to see you post here as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

That is such a common issue when you first start. I still do it. It happens when I have had just enough for one night and I take it off and don't remember doing it. It isn't natural to sleep with a mask so the body wants it gone. You then wake in a sleep state remove it and back out you go. happens to me every night and it is because I hate the bloody thing. I don't mind it as long as I get a few hours on it then I feel fine when I get up. Lately I have noticed that I have no events during the time I have the mask on. it makes me wonder if I still need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried duct tape?
(just kidding)

Smile
If your CPAP is set to shut off when you take the mask off it's a lot easier to fall asleep with the thing off your face.
I leave mine set on so it blasts a hurricane out, making a racket, so I wake up and make myself put it back on.
To my best knowledge I have only removed it once while I was sleeping and then it was the pressure being set too low.
Wink
I'm also ornery as Hell.

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sick and tired of wait, expense and interference. So taking control Lee the Bee 15 447 07-15-2017, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Thoughts on my Auto Data? Hydrangea 23 955 07-13-2017, 06:55 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Curious to get thoughts from the group CardiacCrusher 14 537 06-08-2017, 11:35 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [CPAP] Looking for Thoughts on Smartstart Ticman1 12 340 05-27-2017, 02:37 PM
Last Post: sptrout
  AHI HIGHER AFTER TAKING PAMELOR (nortriptyline) dizzy1 3 221 05-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Last Post: dizzy1
  AutoOn taking longe to cycle "ON" jujujenny2112 4 340 04-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Last Post: robertbuckley
  Taking mask off at night while sleeping doctor perscribed Nuvigil nap80 14 1,574 04-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Last Post: TurdFerguson8675