Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unknowingly taking off your mask, thoughts!
Phew. Being raked over the coals here is just as tough as being at a couple other forums.

I'm sorry for the length administrators. I am just hoping a new patient may stumble across this information and find some help.
maybe you should have someone proofread your stuff before posting it.
Great advice palerider! So good to see you post here as well.

That is such a common issue when you first start. I still do it. It happens when I have had just enough for one night and I take it off and don't remember doing it. It isn't natural to sleep with a mask so the body wants it gone. You then wake in a sleep state remove it and back out you go. happens to me every night and it is because I hate the bloody thing. I don't mind it as long as I get a few hours on it then I feel fine when I get up. Lately I have noticed that I have no events during the time I have the mask on. it makes me wonder if I still need it.
Have you tried duct tape?
(just kidding)

Smile
If your CPAP is set to shut off when you take the mask off it's a lot easier to fall asleep with the thing off your face.
I leave mine set on so it blasts a hurricane out, making a racket, so I wake up and make myself put it back on.
To my best knowledge I have only removed it once while I was sleeping and then it was the pressure being set too low.
Wink
I'm also ornery as Hell.

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Taking mask off in my sleep Vort 5 185 12-27-2016, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Taking mask off in my sleep JulieB30 6 546 12-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Thoughts on nomask Judy1843 4 473 11-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question AHI increase now taking opioids Buddyistan 5 380 10-28-2016, 07:59 PM
Last Post: richb
  At wits end. AHI Varies SO SO much, your thoughts?? Daisylouu 9 606 10-13-2016, 02:45 PM
Last Post: rkl122
  First 5 hours great, after that AHI shoots through the roof. Thoughts? toinewi 3 449 08-08-2016, 01:41 PM
Last Post: green wings
  1 year in, some thoughts and advice to newbies ISnoreBadly 14 1,351 08-07-2016, 03:07 AM
Last Post: FFOGHORN