Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unknowingly taking off your mask, thoughts!
RE: Unknowingly taking off your mask, thoughts!
Phew. Being raked over the coals here is just as tough as being at a couple other forums.

I'm sorry for the length administrators. I am just hoping a new patient may stumble across this information and find some help.
Post Reply Post Reply
maybe you should have someone proofread your stuff before posting it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great advice palerider! So good to see you post here as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is such a common issue when you first start. I still do it. It happens when I have had just enough for one night and I take it off and don't remember doing it. It isn't natural to sleep with a mask so the body wants it gone. You then wake in a sleep state remove it and back out you go. happens to me every night and it is because I hate the bloody thing. I don't mind it as long as I get a few hours on it then I feel fine when I get up. Lately I have noticed that I have no events during the time I have the mask on. it makes me wonder if I still need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried duct tape?
(just kidding)

Smile
If your CPAP is set to shut off when you take the mask off it's a lot easier to fall asleep with the thing off your face.
I leave mine set on so it blasts a hurricane out, making a racket, so I wake up and make myself put it back on.
To my best knowledge I have only removed it once while I was sleeping and then it was the pressure being set too low.
Wink
I'm also ornery as Hell.

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 946 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 184 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 220 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 416 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,826 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,698 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,663 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.