Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Basic Question about How to get advice.
Question 
Basic Question about How to get advice.
Hi!

I would like to post the first page of my CPAP-machine report (or more, or all of it, if appropriate) so that someone here who knows how to read these things can take a quick look and tell me if my CPAP treatment seems still to be working.  The official support where I am is ridiculous, and the sleep doctor I saw years ago probably doesn't even know the Weinmann machines.  A long story.

Where can I post of send it?

I've got a Weinmann/Loewenstein machine and PrismaTS software.  (The software is fair-to-middlin' old.)

Thanks.
B.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Basic Question about How to get advice.
You are in the right place. Just reply to this message and use the file attachment feature at the bottom of your new post. You have to browse for the file to attach, then add the attachment to the post. Instructions are in the link to How to Attach Files in my signature link.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on which machine you have, it may also be at least partially supported by Oscar. Somnobalance is supported but Prisma is not. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...d_machines
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I'll try it again.  I'd delete the other post, but I don't know how.

This is the correct first page:

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting. These are summary results, but useful to characterize your therapy.  In the top section we see usage statistics over the past 93 days. This data shows us you average 7-hours and 45 minutes per day and you used the machine for more than 4-hours 95% of the time.  With therapy you average 1 obstructive apnea per hour and 3-central apnea per hour for a total 4-AHI. The 90th percentile pressure is 9.5 cm-H2O.  We do not know what range of pressure you have set, and there is no information here on your exhale pressure relief.  Your leak data looks pretty good.   Since your apnea is currently 3:1 central to obstructive, it appears that you might improve your results with a more limited range of pressure and less pressure relief if applicable. Since we cannot see the relationship of events to pressure or even what range is in use, we are obviously speculating.

You are using a Weinmann Prisma Smart CPAP. This machine is partially support by OSCAR software which would give us some better details. You should consider downloading the free software from the link at the top of this page and installing on a computer or laptop to see more details.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=37324]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Wouldn't you say that since the apnea numbers are not too bad, and I've got a whole collection of other generalized systemic illnesses anyway (metabolic syndrome, etc.), that my tiredness is probably not from sleep apnea, and the CPAP is probably adequate?

T
B
Post Reply Post Reply
This is your first mention of tiredness of fatigue, and my evaluation of your summary data was not an interpretation of its effectiveness or your sense of good health. I have no knowledge of your comorbidities or health conditions other than what you describe. Metabolic syndrome is a generalized term used to describe a potential group of disorders. What specifically are you diagnosed with and are you treating those conditions with medication or lifestyle changes? If you are affected by these conditions, then that is certainly a plausible explanation for feeling tired. Hypogonadism is another cause for fatigue and lack of mental and physical acuity. Similarly, there may be some ways CPAP therapy could be optimized to help you feel better. Detailed data that we see in Oscar often allows us to identify and resolve issues. AHI is a fairly rough measure of therapy effectiveness and underlying respiratory information such as flow limitation, arousals and continuity of sleep are also important. There is insufficient information at this point to make conclusions about therapy or the effect of other health issues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,837 11 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 809 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.