Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unreliable BiPap machine
RE: Unreliable BiPap machine
@JJJ --  last night I thought I'd try without the humidifier.  I turned it off, and woke up about 3.5 hours later with a very dry throat.  I'm sure it's why I woke up -- and after being awake for about 2.5 hours, I went  back to bed after turning the humidifier on.  My AHI was 8.2 which was higher than my normal "under 5",

@Big Guy -- I also got the case and manuals, but I think it's easy for the DME to save and put together a kit to make it look like it was new.  I think my machine hours has been reset since being at the repair facility.

I used this machine for 15 months with no popping, then it started popping frequently.  Now I can't get it to stop popping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you be filling it past the full line? Only thing I can think of.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Rich, I would first try not filling the reservoir more than 3/4 full, and if that doesn't do it, the humidifier on that machine is a separate part from the flow generator. You may only need a new humidifier which is relatively inexpensive. and should be provided by your DME.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2020, 02:17 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Could you be filling it past the full line?  Only thing I can think of.

No, I even used a Sharpie to mark the full line to make it easy to see.  I usually leave the water level a little under their marking, and my Sharpie marking.  And when I just did the 'plugging with the thumb test', the water level was about 20% of full as per their markings.

@Sleeprider -- maybe Monday, I should contact the DME and see what they can do.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 251 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,147 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 548 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
Sad [Treatment] Need help/advise after changing BiPAP Machine dnar82 6 712 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can I use Bipap Machine for Cpap Julia63 8 688 09-21-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.