Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unreliable sleep study?
RE: Unreliable sleep study?
Quote: have been constantly tired over the last 20 years

I looked at your other thread. Gideon says "get a PAP machine". I find your original sleep study compelling. You have a lot of arousal, mostly respiratory, and this could be resolved with the right CPAP. If you decide to do this, realize the machines are currently in short supply and have significantly increased in price over the past year. If you are self-funding, use SearchTempest.com to search for machines regionally with low-hours and a fair price. Your test above shows more than enough AHI to qualify for insurance reimbursement for CPAP with the symptoms you describe. I don't see a better solution, and at this point getting into CPAP therapy will answer your question. My only admonition is to get the Resmed Airsense 10/11 Autoset. With the shortage, the suppliers are trying to push the Chinese crap instead. Don't accept.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2022, 10:32 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I looked at your other thread. Gideon says "get a PAP machine".  I find your original sleep study compelling.  You have a lot of arousal, mostly respiratory, and this could be resolved with the right CPAP.  If you decide to do this, realize the machines are currently in short supply and have significantly increased in price over the past year.  If you are self-funding, use SearchTempest.com to search for machines regionally with low-hours and a fair price.  Your test above shows more than enough AHI to qualify for insurance reimbursement for CPAP with the symptoms you describe.  I don't see a better solution, and at this point getting into CPAP therapy will answer  your question. My only admonition is to get the Resmed Airsense 10/11 Autoset.  With the shortage, the suppliers are trying to push the Chinese crap instead.  Don't accept.

Thanks so much!

I live in Australia so unfortunately can't use the site you provided.

How do you conclude that I have many arousals? The arousal index doesn't seem high, I think under 25 is normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
No offense, but 25 arousals to me means 25 partial awakenings. Partly waking up 25 times in a night would be too much to expect to be well rested.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2022, 11:56 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: No offense, but 25 arousals to me means 25 partial awakenings. Partly waking up 25 times in a night would be too much to expect to be well rested.

Makes sense, thanks so much!

Is there a resmed model that allows for ERP settings higher than?

They have Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset in the pharmacy nearby. Is this a good machine? Is there any other machine better than this?
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed CPAP machines only offer up to 3 EPR.

The ResMed AutoSet you mentioned is the correct machine, and best choice for many Apnea sufferers.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only machines with more pressure support are the Resmed VPAP Vauto and S models. Given your apnea is very mild, but you have flow limitation, the Airsense 10 Autoset is an excellent choice and provides up to 3-cm of pressure support. Supplier #2 also sells lightly used and used machines internationally. You might want to look at their prices as an alternative. As I said, the prices are a lot higher than they were a year or two ago.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2022, 10:32 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I looked at your other thread. Gideon says "get a PAP machine".  I find your original sleep study compelling.  You have a lot of arousal, mostly respiratory, and this could be resolved with the right CPAP.  If you decide to do this, realize the machines are currently in short supply and have significantly increased in price over the past year.  If you are self-funding, use SearchTempest.com to search for machines regionally with low-hours and a fair price.  Your test above shows more than enough AHI to qualify for insurance reimbursement for CPAP with the symptoms you describe.  I don't see a better solution, and at this point getting into CPAP therapy will answer  your question. My only admonition is to get the Resmed Airsense 10/11 Autoset.  With the shortage, the suppliers are trying to push the Chinese crap instead.  Don't accept.
Hi mate, I already ordered resmed 10 autoset. However there is a 30 day return policy. Do you think I should get Aircurve 10 VAuto or would autoset provide sufficient treatment?

Aircurve is twice as expensive but I can afford it if I'm going to have better results with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
On home sleep studies...this one seems to be pretty thorough. It's not the one I did...I only found the person that does these through happenstance on YouTube. Anyway..just putting this out for someone looking to do a home sleep study. 
http://axgsleepdiagnostics.com/why-axg/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 226 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 530 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.