Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unsuccessful cpap 2 months in
RE: Unsuccessful cpap 2 months in
What do I attach the lanyard to? A finish nail, but at the cottage I use a 3M Command wall hook.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28461]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

What is the number of times I'm allowed to email?

Wahoo! Last night he left the mask on for 5 hours. I asked how he felt - he said, Not like I slept well! Uh oh....

Last night I switched his pillow out to a Buckwheat hull pillow (expensive, but I keep thinking, this might be it, he might get 8 hours tonight). He said it was comfortable to fall asleep on, but that it did not adjust with him during the night, so he said it was not comfortable to wake up on. Maybe he needs more than one night to adjust to it. I put my head on it - I liked it.

I'm going to attach last night's OSCAR info for your opinion and I have a couple of questions on it, if you have the time.

What do these terms mean?
  • Periodic breathing          1.03 %          1 event
  • Clear airway                   0.38%          2 events
  • Flow limitations              0.95%           5 events
  • Variable breathing          12.82%         9 events
  • Hypoapnea                                       14 events   (I know what this one means, not complete closure of airway, just wanted to include it listed in his events for you)
Thanks again! Leila.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, for the photo Sleeprider - very helpful!
Post Reply Post Reply
one thing I'll add,

Let your son play games, anything he really likes, even if he set's it up in the 'computer/gaming room' (but it needs to move back to the bedroom when he goes to bed.) while using the CPAP at pressure.  Using the machine should clear up the humidity he was getting.

Let him know that what he does with the CPAP before bed is completely up to him.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 290 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 486 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 674 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  [CPAP] Still tired after 4 months of CPAP mohtorhead 11 1,030 02-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.