Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

has anyone tried the new Resmed Airfit P30i?
RE: has anyone tried the new Resmed Airfit P30i?
The P30i is horrible. Sounds like a jet engine sitting on your head. I went back to my Swift Lt after several sleep disturbed nights. I found myself waking up hours earlier and difficult to get to sleep.
I am returning mine for a refund. If you are deaf the fit is great but the noise is intollerable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2020, 06:53 PM)Ledmanmax Wrote: The P30i is horrible. Sounds like a jet engine sitting on your head. I went back to my Swift Lt after several sleep disturbed nights. I found myself waking up hours earlier and difficult to get to sleep.
I am returning mine for a refund. If you are deaf the fit is great but the noise is intollerable.

Hmmm, that's odd. I don't hear any noise whatsoever from my P30i pillows. The dual vent design helps with that, I think.
It's possible you need to readjust the straps for a better fit?  Thinking-about
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a dreamware that is the same design and hear nothing abnormal.  I have seen several saying they hear the air rushing down the tubs on each side but I sure don't.  I'm a side sleeper only but that should make the noise even worse - no noise.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 01:01 PM)JamesRyan Wrote: I have the p10 and read some of you say it's a easy transition and this mask seems more stable. Anyone sleep on there stomach with this mask? How's that go? How's the noise?(I sleep with a fan on).

I sleep on my stomach and the p30i is just fine.  I'm not sure, but I think it protrudes out and away from the face somewhat less than the p10, but I no longer have a p10 for comparison.  

The p30i straps are wider than the p10.  I did like the p10 straps better, because I could pull them apart from each other behind my head -- one up high, with the other much lower.  I tend to wear my masks fairly loose and for the shape of my head, the p10 straps seemed to keep the nasal pillows in place better. The p30i straps can't be pulled apart as far.  I might take a knife at the place where they join together on each side and cut a short slit to see if that would allow more separation between the two straps.  But bottom line I won't be returning to the p10.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the noise on the P10 to be a problem, seriously my wife kept waking me up asking me if I was still breathing because she could not hear me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 3,014 4 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,559 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,970 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 255 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.