Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unusual Wave Form not breathing for 5 minutes
Unusual Wave Form not breathing for 5 minutes
Now for something different.  I had a great sleep last night and a low AHI.  While reviewing Sleepyhead this morning, I noticed a period of 5 minutes where there was no breathing going on and 10 pressure pulses from my Dreamstation probably trying to figure out what was going on.  I know I didn't stop breathing for 5 minutes.

This is the second time this week that I've noticed the same waveform.  I'm assuming a software problem somewhere.  Also of interest is that I use Dreammapper (just because it's easy to upload the data via bluetooth) and I noticed that last night, Dreammapper says that my CPAP was working for 2 minutes less than what Sleepyhead reported.  Dreammapper also showed that I disconnected once during the night which wasn't the case.  I slept right through the night and didn't turn off the CPAP.  Anyone encounter this before?  Any ideas?

[Image: zxphgEQl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unusual Wave Form not breathing for 5 minutes
I have never seen where the data just seems to drop out, but I seriously doubt you failed to breath during that period, especially given the very regular and normal respiration when the data resumes. I guess graphs can lie.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My two cents ...

One, failing sensor. -- You might want to check with your DME about a pressure and sensor check.
Two, data corruption. -- You might want to backup your card and then reformat it. I have seen data drop outs when we were taking power hits. My uninterruptible power unit on my computer corresponded to the time of the corruption.
Three, total randomness and not problematical until it reoccurs.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the Dreamstation has a diagnostic mode in the clinical settings. If you want to run it, look in the clinical manual.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's known as "performance check" and more information can be found by Googling "dreamstation performance check" without the quotes. You will find a number of videos demonstrating its use. Here is a link to get you started. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiH329T0NPY
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you gents.  I ran performance check and it came back with all good.  I'll just keep an eye on it and if it happens again, I'll try reformatting the SD card (thanks for the tip srlevine.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR time off by a couple minutes Millstone50 6 894 01-27-2022, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  Event flagged shifted by 2 minutes after adjusting time on machine ubersteiny 4 635 08-27-2021, 02:05 PM
Last Post: ubersteiny
  Leak vs Open-mouth breathing Dedwin0927 2 1,146 07-08-2020, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PRS1+FlashAir W-03 Recording only 7 minutes of waveform data cntrlwiz 5 1,480 05-01-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cntrlwiz
  Sleepyhead - reporting periodic breathing/CSR xdocgx 13 3,490 04-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Last Post: AlanE
Question Sleepyhead says I used machine only 29 minutes last night?! rnhdavis1 3 1,452 01-14-2016, 11:54 AM
Last Post: justMongo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.