Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unusual central apneas
Unusual central apneas
This is my Oscar data from 2 nights ago. 9 central apneas in just a few minutes. I usually get 1 or 2 a night. I was particularly stressed about something and had some insomnia during the night. Although I think I was asleep at this point. Any thoughts about what is going on? Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unusual central apneas
Might have been partially awake or just a strange night, they happen.

Not significant enough to worry about unless it gets worse and starts happening regularly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Happened again last night. And it was also a lousy night anxiety sleep. Although they were more spread out. For context, my AHI has never been above 1 before these last few day. And rarely more than 2 CAs per night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I almost want to apply the SWJ (Sleep Wake Junk) label to your small CA clusters. To me, the 2 charts I've seen these CA clusters appear to happen about a half hour before you end the sleep session. No offense intended, but I've seen and even created massive CA events all over the chart before. It may be new to you and therefore attention grabbing, but it's not appearing to be a major issue, given the data in the chart. Any other changes recently that may account for these CA or even sleep pattern in general?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned both instances occurred late in the morning when sleep would have been light. You can see arousals at 6:40 and just before 6:48 that could be triggering these apnea or SWJ.

Even if these are real central apnea a small flurry like this is unlikely to be causing any issues or symptoms. Try to relax and focus on easing the stress/anxiety. If you need to take a break from looking at OSCAR data each day as that probably isn't helping the situation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 601 8 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,523 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 864 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 307 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.