Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unusual low & High Pulse Rate ( Seeking Advise )
Unusual low & High Pulse Rate ( Seeking Advise )
Hi All, 

I have been on CPAP for 6 months and still struggling .  

I wanted to get your advise as I was looking over some of my results while wearing a Oxygen meter, I found my heart rate to go super Low and very high during the night.

Question :  Should I consider a ASV machine ?

[Image: 0akbHI4.png]

[Image: TRDCnN9.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unusual low & High Pulse Rate ( Seeking Advise )
No you don't need an ASV machine. You've been on the board long enough to know how to post charts. In past threads you've been told how to and did it.

Please do so in the future.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2017, 11:07 AM)BlueJay22 Wrote: I wanted to get your advise as I was looking over some of my results while wearing a Oxygen meter, I found my heart rate to go super Low and very high during the night.

Question :  Should I consider a ASV machine ? 

Have you has a cardiology workup lately?

I have observed the same heart rate issues using three different pulse-ox units (CMS-50F, DynaMed Paramedic, ResMed xPOD 3012 LP) and, in my case, it was faulty sensing of my heart rate due to PVCs (Premature Ventricular Contractions) which can disturb the waveform and make the R-R measurement wonky. (A technical term). My electrophysiologist assures me that the low heart rate is an instrument error because if it wasn't my AICD would being pacing my heart and the result reported by my remote reporting system.

Before rushing out to get the more expensive, and more complex, ASV, consider discussing the matter with a cardiologist (heart plumber) or an electrophysiologist (heart electrician).

Best of luck seeking peace of mind and a good night's sleep.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
first, the cms50 and similar, have spikes and crashes that aren't filtered on sleepyhead. I would use the original software that filters a bit. When you take the wrong 1sec spikes out, it normally looks better.
But even leaving them in, PR of 50 is fine and so is the spikes of 130
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 235 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,214 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,408 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.