Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unwell feeling, SpO2 drops immediately when falling asleep, large Flow Rate
Unwell feeling, SpO2 drops immediately when falling asleep, large Flow Rate
I keep having days where I start feeling "unwell" and tireder then normal. Then during the night, when I transition to sleep, less then a minute later, my Contec O2 alarm goes off, with my O2 dropping <90 and I start having CA's. Doesn't matter if I set it as low as 84%, it will go off. My O2 is fine when I wake back up.

I've been to Urgent Care and the ER multiple times for this issue, and they keep telling me to see my sleep doctor.

Now if anyone recalls....I was in the hospital a week ago for DVT/PE (blood clots in lungs). I got put on blood thinners (Xarelto). I've been breathing just fine again the last few days and nights have been good.

What I notice during these nights where I have trouble sleeping, is that the FLOW RATE graph is a lot larger than normal nights. I'm not sure if that means I'm breathing deeper or what?

Tonight....I just tried to fall asleep and see how my breathing goes periodic and then CA starts.
[attachment=6218]

[attachment=6219]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unwell feeling, SpO2 drops immediately when falling asleep, large Flow Rate
I also want to ask, if anyone thinks it may be an alergic reaction to some food or something? 

I'll feel flush, and start feeling nervous all over, and my stomach starts churning, like I'm going to have a panic attack. One doctor thinks I may be allergic to some foods, so I'm going to see an Alergist next week.

Another doctor said to go see a NEUROLOGIST, but I'm not sure how they could help. This is very sporadic. Most nights I'm okay, and then I'll have a night where I can't get to sleep because my O2 keeps dropping when i transition to sleep.

And why is the flow rate so large? Usually it is smaller like in the previous day below.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
Well I had yet another episode last night. Felt flush and red in face, stomach not feeling well, respiratory drive depressed. Had to stay awake until 2pm and it eventually went away. But it still caused some CA's to appear when transitioning to sleep. Not as bad as some other nights, where CA's caused O2 drops. 

[attachment=6661]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
I really feel for you on this situation. I too have medical issues that I've had multiple tests for only to come up with "we don't know what is causing this" as the answer.

As for food allergies et al, you've probably heard and/or have done this, but you'll probably need to create a food journal to track what you've eaten. In doing so, you would have to discover a pattern linking food to symptom. Maybe you could note other peculiar activities with the days the symptoms appear and/or are different than your norm.

Best wishes on getting this troublesome issue pegged and conquered.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave. 

Last night was bad as well. When transitioning to sleep I had some CA's, which I know can be normal. But I felt like my O2 was lower then normal, and my arms started feeling weird like not enough oxygen going through them. They felt tingly a little. And immediately when I fell asleep, my O2 alarm went off that it dropped. I was okay then for some of the night afterwards. Got a little sleep. But then woke up again to the alarm going off at 79%, due to a 38sec OA.

[attachment=6681]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 116 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 233 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 291 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 107 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.