Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Up and Down readings question
Up and Down readings question
I have been using my CPAP for about a year now and had a quick question about the data from it. Over the past month my AHI has been completely up and down. I have had readings range from 0 to 36.9. It seems to be all over the place. This past week it was at 2.3, 12.6, 16.3, 5.3 and 8.9. But, in the long run, it averages out to 7.3 and I have mild sleep apnea. So, as you can see it keeps fluctuating. I am careful not to drink alcohol late at night and to check the seal on my mask. But, does anyone else's numbers jump around like this? I thought I would ask on here, as my sleep doctor has a three month appointment wait. Thanks.

Rick Musselman
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Up and Down readings question
After you do a few posts you can upload the data so we can see what is going on.
If you haven't already, download Sleepyhead.

Oh, by the way, welcome to the Apneaboard forum Rick
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Rick,
Welcome to Apnea Board!
It is quite normal for an AHI reading to fluctuate some, but yours is all over the place.

Your profile suggests you are using your machine in Cpap mode with a pressure of 15cm.
If so, you may do better in Auto mode with a pressure range. Would like to see data before recommending a change.

First, download the free #SleepyHead software if your not already using it. Then follow the links in my signature line to show you how to organize the charts. Use the attachment feature to post a couple screenshots of the daily page.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with posting a Sleepyhead chart. In the mean time can you tell us what type of events the machine is reporting? You may be getting some Clear airway events which might account for the wide swing in AHI readings.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I will definitely download it this evening. As far as specifics, I am using the MyAir app and it doesn’t really give too detailed information. It is simply recording the number of apnea’s and hypoapneas per hour. Nothing else is listed. But I will definitely download that. The machine was through Lincarr and they are currently controlling the air level. So it is set. Looks like I might want to call them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2018, 04:47 PM)sparksbird Wrote: I will definitely download it this evening. As far as specifics, I am using the MyAir app and it doesn’t really give too detailed information. It is simply recording the number of apnea’s and hypoapneas per hour. Nothing else is listed. But I will definitely download that. The machine was through Lincarr and they are currently controlling the air level. So it is set. Looks like I might want to call them.

Be sure to order the Clinicians Manual for your machine.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

You’ve been doing this for a year...Lincare shouldn’t be controlling anything.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum sparksbird.
You should be free from the DME and insurance.

post away
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2018, 04:47 PM)sparksbird Wrote: I will definitely download it this evening. As far as specifics, I am using the MyAir app and it doesn’t really give too detailed information. It is simply recording the number of apnea’s and hypoapneas per hour. Nothing else is listed. But I will definitely download that. The machine was through Lincarr and they are currently controlling the air level. So it is set. Looks like I might want to call them.

We can fill you in on how to manage your own settings, but seeing the data is critical.  A fixed pressure of 15 is rather high, but we don't know if you have EPR set, or what type of apnea events are raising your count.  Once we know some basic information, it should be pretty easy to dial you into better therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 540 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 763 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 449 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 175 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,363 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  [Diagnosis] Request observations on readings/Leaks Bob Cali 11 1,113 07-29-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.