Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Up for the challenge but not winning
RE: Up for the challenge but not winning
Well apart from that last little bit, good to hear things are improving for you. Smile

This Forum needs a "Like" button I think. Unsure (but then it would be to much like Facebook I guess Laugh-a-lot )
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2016, 02:34 AM)Ockrocket Wrote: This Forum needs a "Like" button I think. Unsure (but then it would be to much like Facebook I guess Laugh-a-lot )

^^^ Like this? Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Queenslander - a fellow cane toad here.

I see that you're from FNQ - Townsville...Cairns?

Did you do your sleep study with SNORE Australia? The reason I ask is that you list your pressure as set at at one specific pressure which is what SNORE do. It's 'old think' and a flawed approach for beginners as I found out the hard way.

You have the Resmed Airsense 10 - is this the Autosense? If it's a fixed pressure machine then get it changed asap.

I deliberately got a rental from a CPAP rental company so I could work out if I could even tolerate CPAP and it wasn't until I changed to an auto machine that things really started to work for me. (My own machine arrives in the next few days).

The folks on this site are awesome! They'll give you much more specific advice than your GP, their experience is priceless.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep and cpap studies were done in Cairns sleep lab through QUEENSLAND SLEEP.

I live in Cairns Northern Beaches (paradise).

I have a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, which I too have hired to make sure that I am compatible and that I achieve the desired outcomes before I get my own machine.

It is set in cpap mode in accordance with the prescription from Queensland Sleep.

The technician said my study was "interesting" and that she had to seek assistance over the phone, but didn't elaborate why.

I subsequently asked for a copy of the reports and that is when I found out that all of the apneas during the cpap study were centrals whilst all of the apneas in the original study were obstructive.

Half way through the cpap study I had one CSA that lasted 180 seconds during which my oxygen saturation went down to 69%.

Following this EPR was turned on set at 3 and this reduced the number and duration of subsequent CSA's.

I was given a prescription for cpap with ESR 3, start pressure 4 and therapy pressure 12 (which was subsequently reduced to 9 after a series of nights with multiple CSA's and severe air swallowing issues).

I am now slowly increasing the pressures, starting pressure is now up to 7.2 (slow increase from 4) and therapy pressure is 10.2 (slow increase from 9).

Last night was the first night at these pressures and showed an improvement on the previous night CSA 2.5; OSA 3.1; H 0.6 and RERA 0.1.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad New challenge - Dry mouth / troath ezdrifler 6 2,058 02-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.