Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Simplus FFM loud and leaky?
Simplus FFM loud and leaky?
I've only been doing this for 2 weeks and it seems to be going well overall, but I don't like waking up with small leaks blowing my eyes or out the side of my FFM. I was using the Quattro for Her but exchanged for the Simplus on Friday at the DME.

I tried it this weekend and couldn't even leave it on to sleep. The air was blowing out the small holes in the front and it was loud. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong? I like the fit of it because it covers my mouth better, but I can't sleep with the air constantly blowing and the noise.

Ideas? Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Simplus FFM loud and leaky?
That noise is really annoying, not comforting at all. I usually end up tightening my straps a little more and making sure my face is very clean from oils at night and that helps me. My mask has a gel feel more than silicone and seems less prone to leaks but I think everyone has to work out that leak problem. That's what usually wakes me up at night are the leaks.
Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2016, 06:49 PM)BeachyKeen Wrote: I've only been doing this for 2 weeks and it seems to be going well overall, but I don't like waking up with small leaks blowing my eyes or out the side of my FFM. I was using the Quattro for Her but exchanged for the Simplus on Friday at the DME.

I tried it this weekend and couldn't even leave it on to sleep. The air was blowing out the small holes in the front and it was loud. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong? I like the fit of it because it covers my mouth better, but I can't sleep with the air constantly blowing and the noise.

Ideas? Dont-know

Air blowing out of the vent holes is normal. But ive never heard my simplus make noise there unless its wet there.

A simplus rides lower than most ffm, and the top straps should not pull the upright to touching your forehead. If it is they are to tight or you have the wrong size cushion.

Ive used a simplus to 18 cmh20 and it stayed leak free.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SimPlus is now my favorite mask, but to eliminate mask burping/trumpeting prefer to use two mask liners with it. (Got the idea of using two at once from PaulaO2.)

One liner does the trick fairly well, but two is a charm.

I ignore the advice from RemZzzs to pull on and stretch the liner after the mask is on. I am exceedingly careful not to stretch or pull on the liners, and a pair lasts me a couple weeks or so.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Getting the right mask is one of the hardest things about cpap. Every face is different - long, narrow, round, fat, high cheekbones, big nose, small nose, big chin, little chin... etc etc There's no one mask that suits everybody, but the Simplus is one that does a better job than most. The holes in the front are a vent to make sure that exhaled CO2 is evacuated. Air should come out of them constantly but shouldn't be noisy. I find that air constantly leaks up the side of my nose and blows in my eyes - that is a major irritation, which I have largely overcome by layering a couple of strips of pyjama material over the bridge of my nose before putting the mask on. If the straps aren't adjusted right the mask will also leak at the side of your face causing face-farts. They are a definite problem!

The straps should be firm enough that the mask won't get dislodged if you move around, but not so tight that the skirt of the mask get crushed against your face. Clean the mask each day with a little mild soap and water, and make sure your face is scrupulously clean before donning the mask. If that doesn't work, you can try a mask liner (Google Pad-a-cheek or Remzz). And if all that doesn't work, you may need a different type of mask.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 959 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  New AirSense 10 is very loud. xian67 2 392 12-15-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. sanger 110 145,246 10-13-2023, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Airsense P11 hose-dry function ends with loud burst - normal? jharuni 5 726 10-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: jharuni
  Sleepstyle F&P is very loud bibbie 5 541 09-20-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: enigmatic
  [Equipment] Many simplus cushion hisses asm01asm 2 548 06-18-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.