Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Upcoming surgery - hoping the machine helps!
RE: Upcoming surgery - hoping the machine helps!
Thank you, Yoda, for asking the question; and thank you, Paula, for such useful answers. I'm going in for some surgery on Friday, so this has made me feel better about my recovery time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never been ask about my AHI without cpap before operation. I will make it a point to give the doctors full information in the future. That could be why one hospital that was set to do a operation bailed out and sent me away the day of surgery. They said they were not comfortable with my outcome with all the other factors. If they were that way I was was happy to leave. They did not even charge for the OR Prep. I got it done at another hospital who took the risk.

Thanks for the suggestion. So much good information.

Post Reply Post Reply
All the best on the surgery and a speedy recovery.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yoda, please let us know how it goes. And if you need any help with the data, just ask.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone! I survived the surgery :-) although I sure hope I never have to do that again. Y'all were spot on with your advice, I have had some CRAZY readings (AHI 86.81 one night??) Forewarned by the experts, I did NOT freak out and go to the ER. It's really hard to sleep with all this gear on but I'm trying. I have two massage things on my feet for swelling (supposed to keep left knee above heart level which is hard when you have to sleep propped up bc of the shoulder), an ice machine on my left knee, an ice machine on my left shoulder, and the left shoulder is in an immobilizer sling. Add the CPAP to that and my poor husband is about to go live in a hotel.

My anesthesiologist and Dr were grateful for the info and I think they were kinda impressed that I knew a little more than "I'm on a CPAP machine." Grateful to be a part of this board.

Y'all have a great day!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear! Stay well.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 276 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Talk me into or out of surgery BoxcarPete 30 1,951 01-27-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,015 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Nasal Surgery and CPAP tolerance Norman2195 6 706 12-27-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] Very frustrated after radiofrequency tongue base reduction surgery phitom816 4 1,362 12-03-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.