Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Update 9th day on CPAP
RE: Update 9th day on CPAP
I tried one years ago and hated it. But I've got sensitive skin and an odd face. It was difficult to get the right fitting between right fitting in the pillows and right fitting around the mouth. My lips were split and raw, my face was beet red and sore.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lukie,
GREAT to hear you are doing so well with your CPAP therapy and that you have a good machine to go along with it. just keep trying different masks 'till you find the one that works for you.
CONTINUED SUCCESS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2013, 01:47 PM)me50 Wrote:
(11-29-2013, 01:39 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
(11-29-2013, 07:34 AM)me50 Wrote: Oh, I forgot. There is a liberty out there that is a nasal and oral mask. but they are 2 separate pieces I think

The Liberty is one piece. It's considered a "hybrid" mask. I think there's one other like it.

Lukie, I'm not a mouth breather at all. I snore with my mouth closed. Well, unless I nod off here at my desk. If I am sitting up, my mouth opens and I wake myself up snoring loud enough that the dogs come running in to makes sure some bear didn't break in through the window. Sometimes, though, I have dreams I am playing "cars" with my brothers and I wake up blowing my lips as the air comes out. Makes me laugh as I roll over and wipe the drool off my face.

Yes, I looked it up after I got back from my appointment. I initially ordered one and then changed my mind. I would be more interested if they were in 2 pieces rather than attached. The sleep lab where I am having my titration study next week says they can't get one to use during sleep studies, at least they can't yet.

I have a small nose with a deviated septum and allergies so nose breathing is like breathing through a straw. All the nasal and pillow masks make me feel like I'm suffocating .
Post Reply Post Reply
It is now over a month since I started CPAP and I have settled on Quattro Air with a ResMed or Respironics chinstrap. I have marked my straps with their adjustment to the highest pressure on Mask Fit pressures and start with that so a blast of air in the wee hours does not blow it away. Of course I still adjust them a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 272 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 580 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  [Equipment] Airsense Autoset 11 FW Update GrumGrum 0 452 10-16-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: GrumGrum
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 10 2,994 09-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  AirSense 11 OTA update Millstone50 12 3,468 09-01-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Millstone50
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,083 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.