Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Update] ASV vs APAP Oscar data
RE: [Update] ASV vs APAP Oscar data
Everything looks good. None of your data in this thread has really ever looked bad. You have the odd extra event and periodic breathing with APAP that the ASV treats so if that is feeling better now that you tried higher pressure might as well stick with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2022, 10:56 PM)Geer1 Wrote: Everything looks good. None of your data in this thread has really ever looked bad. You have the odd extra event and periodic breathing with APAP that the ASV treats so if that is feeling better now that you tried higher pressure might as well stick with it.

Thank you Geer, your advise has been very valuable. I will stay the course on ASV for a while and report my data in a month or 2. Bless you all for helping us here
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone,

For a while my treatment was going fine, but i started noticing my numbers on ASV are creeping up even though not much has changed. I also have noticed that I am steadily getting less restful sleep. Is there anything in my data showing what happened? I am still mouth taping and using SCC. I also woke up with my tape intact and dry if that matters. But my headache was high and felt restless

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks pretty good. I think you did a bit better with PS range of 1-6.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider,

I have another request, hoping you and everyone can help me in it. So I was going back and forth between ASV and CPAP. Been back on CPAP last 5 days but did something different this time. I got rid of mouth taping and not using any collars during sleep. I have found that the charts don't look any different on CPAP with or without for me. Infact I can argue my leaks look much less than before, I am adding the worst looking day off the 5. Overall I feel pretty okay, I know in the past Gerd had commented that my tidal wave looks like breathing pattern up and down. My ask is given this chart and ASV what looks better? because my feeling is CPAP has slightly better edge for me in terms of restfulness but I can't tell why.. does my chart show anything? And as far as fixed pressure for CPAP goes, do I look like i am using a good pressure?

Settings:
Pressure 7 EPR 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider, all

I need help, the reason I keep moving back and forth between CPAP and ASV is I always feel one is giving something the other is not.

For example on CPAP up until pressure 10, I never get high leaks that I get with ASV. But with ASV, I get lower AHI and sometimes good days. I really need help with this chart below. Take a look at the leaks, how is it possible that I can go 30+ minutes with high leaks and not wake up or detect it? I mean the leaks are really bad and I am not a heavy sleeper, how can this much air leak without me feeling a thing? My biggest issue in my therapy is leaks, but yesterday (without doing anything different, I did not change beds or pillows or use a different tape etc) shows what I have been fearing for a while, leaks are happening and no matter how small or large I just don't detect them and even If I did, not sure what to do? The mask is new and tube is new Sad  help would be appreciated

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 6 8 minutes ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 103 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.