Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Update on 3rd visit
RE: Update on 3rd visit
(05-13-2015, 05:23 AM)quiescence at last Wrote:
(05-07-2015, 06:59 AM)Scared Wrote: Hello all, just an update on my progress and to see what you all think.
My new readings are (remember these are in french). Computer machine P.218. M945. observance 8,07 IAH 4.8

P90=9,4. RCS=0,6. AC=0,1. AO=1,7.

My IAH seems to have gone up to 4.8 from 4. so he has set the machine at 9.4 constantly it was 4. - 10 and I do not see him now until I return from the states (Chicago) on July 4th, Will I be ok? He said its normal for things to go up and down,

Thank you all, hope You are all well

Other posters are helping you with discussion of how to find a best range or setting. But, I hear a question that you are asking - if (since) I have decided to just let the doctor control my settings, am I ok where my settings are.

Scared, I would say "you are fine to continue through July 4 without a change." Probably even beyond that.

Reading the data as you present it is harder due to language differences. But, here is my interpretation:

apnea and hypopnea (IAH) = 4.8
apnea = clear airway apnea (AC) and obstructive apnea (AO) = 0.1 + 1.7 = 1.8

therefore: hypopnea = 4.8 minus 1.8 = 3.0

ACS reading does not figure in the calculation.

The fact that clear airway apneas are only 0.1 this night suggest you are not likely to have negative effects of the constant pressure of 9.5 cmH2O.

Just enjoy the sleep.

QAL

Thank you for your help, I have just rang the tec and he is coming on Friday as I have had a few episodes of waking up choking twice last night and once the night before, enough for me to have to sit up quickly and rip the mask off, and coughing, so asked him to call, and not felt like I normally feel since starting to use the mask.
Hope he can sort it, as going to ?Chicago for a month, don't know what ?i would do if it happened there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Scared, what sort of coughing were you having? Was it a feeling of no air? Or could you be sick (as I currently am Sad ) and dealing with phlegm and coughing? Could allergies be a factor? Or are your humidifier settings ok?

I think it could be something other than the pressure itself that is causing you problems. But it is hard to tell from afar.

Have you downloaded the clinician's manual yet? You may want that before your great American adventure.

Will your machine work on North American 110 as well as 220 power? (Others chime in...I don't know the machine)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2015, 01:23 PM)trailrider Wrote: Scared, what sort of coughing were you having? Was it a feeling of no air? Or could you be sick (as I currently am Sad ) and dealing with phlegm and coughing? Could allergies be a factor? Or are your humidifier settings ok?

I think it could be something other than the pressure itself that is causing you problems. But it is hard to tell from afar.

Have you downloaded the clinician's manual yet? You may want that before your great American adventure.

Will your machine work on North American 110 as well as 220 power? (Others chime in...I don't know the machine)

Oh no something else to worry about, I will ask the tec when he comes, No I haven't downloaded the Manuel as over here you can jot change the machine yourself.

The coughing felt like I was choking and couldn't breath, when the tec comes the reading should indicate what it was I think/hope. Don't know what to do if it doesn't, I cant afford one over there. Theres always something to worry about !!!
Post Reply Post Reply
You may want a fully bilingual neighbor around to help translate the things you are experiencing. Mutual understanding is difficult for normal events, let alone technical ones.

Could you update in your profile the machine model and your current settings too, please.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Update on 3rd visit so Pleased
The tec has just been, am so pleased 0.1 middle apnea and 0.5 Apnea, so he has left it on 9.5 for now, I take it that this is good, I feel Haaapy. Thanks all
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Update on 3rd visit so Pleased
(05-15-2015, 04:29 AM)Scared Wrote: The tec has just been, am so pleased 0.1 middle apnea and 0.5 Apnea, so he has left it on 9.5 for now, I take it that this is good, I feel Haaapy. Thanks all

Those are great numbers! Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2015, 02:06 PM)trailrider Wrote: You may want a fully bilingual neighbor around to help translate the things you are experiencing. Mutual understanding is difficult for normal events, let alone technical ones.

Could you update in your profile the machine model and your current settings too, please.

Just done it. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Start using Sleepyhead...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 271 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 579 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  [Equipment] Airsense Autoset 11 FW Update GrumGrum 0 452 10-16-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: GrumGrum
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 10 2,991 09-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  AirSense 11 OTA update Millstone50 12 3,463 09-01-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Millstone50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.