Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Update
Update
Hello all, thank you all for your passed comments.

If you remember I posted last week and said I would let you know the outcome, from my rep visit,. These are my readings ( in french) sorry cant translate!!!!
number D'Apnea TST 126 soit 21 per hour dont 119 obstrctives, 1 centrales 6 mixtes. numbet total d'hypopneces 323 soit 53 par hour (dont 88 obstructives)
index d'apneas hypopneas 73 par hour. Dont know if you can understand.

I have been given a Philips respironics system 1 remstar auto A-flex set at 4-10 with a mask that goes over my nose and mouth i couldn't cope with just the nose mask as I have a bit of a cold, I asked for the humidifier but he didn't have the correct one with him so he said he will pop it in the post as my throat get awfully dry and I gave a cough dont know if it is the machine or if its my cold thats causing this. I seem to be ok and I can sleep in it since the first night although I do wake up about 3 times and do find it a pain getting all connected again. Do you think my sore throat is the machine or just my cold, i have been putting Vicks on my nose and chest ? Because this is all in french all my info is from this site... so pleased I have found this, any tips are appreciated

Since starting on the machine my back and chest pains seem to have gone also, A man comes to the house again next week to take the readings off the machine.

Thank you all for reading.
Lynn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Update
Your numbers seem very high, if I am reading correctly... 73 AHI per hour...

126 apnea events in 21 hours, with 119 obstructive, 1 central, and 6?

OK, I give up.

You should really notice a big positive change as you recover and start getting sleep.

Good luck and good health!

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2015, 05:19 AM)player Wrote: Your numbers seem very high, if I am reading correctly... 73 AHI per hour...

126 apnea events in 21 hours, with 119 obstructive, 1 central, and 6?

OK, I give up.

You should really notice a big positive change as you recover and start getting sleep.

Good luck and good health!

The cardiologist did say he had only ever seen i person that was worse than me, and treated me as an emergency.!!!! I do feel a lot better even in this short space of time no more chest pains...the only thing I have is a blocked nose but I hope when I get my humidifier this will ease. thankou for your comment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2015, 04:42 AM)Scared Wrote: number D'Apnea TST 126 soit 21 per hour dont 119 obstrctives, 1 centrales 6 mixtes. numbet total d'hypopneces 323 soit 53 par hour (dont 88 obstructives)

I ran the above through Google Translate and got this (with a little editing):
The Apnea Total Sleep Time 126 or 21 per hour including; 119 Obstructive(OA), Central 16 mixed(CA). Total number of hypopneas 323 or 53 per hour (88 obstructive). Apnea Hypopnea Index (AHI) is 73 per hour.

Hope it helps . . .:grin:
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2015, 04:42 AM)Scared Wrote: Hello all, thank you all for your passed comments.

If you remember I posted last week and said I would let you know the outcome, from my rep visit,. These are my readings ( in french) sorry cant translate!!!!
number D'Apnea TST 126 soit 21 per hour dont 119 obstrctives, 1 centrales 6 mixtes. numbet total d'hypopneces 323 soit 53 par hour (dont 88 obstructives)

I have been given a Philips respironics system 1 remstar auto A-flex set at 4-10 with a mask that goes over my nose and mouth i couldn't cope with just the nose mask as I have a bit of a cold, I asked for the humidifier but he didn't have the correct one with him so he said he will pop it in the post as my throat get awfully dry and I gave a cough dont know if it is the machine or if its my cold thats causing this. I seem to be ok and I can sleep in it since the first night although I do wake up about 3 times and do find it a pain getting all connected again. Do you think my sore throat is the machine or just my cold, i have been putting Vicks on my nose and chest ? Because this is all in french all my info is from this site... so pleased I have found this, any tips are appreciated

Since starting on the machine my back and chest pains seem to have gone also, A man comes to the house again next week to take the readings off the machine.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,
So glad you are doing better. It takes awhile to get used to everything.
If your sore throat persists, please see your doctor. Although it may be lack of humidity.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend you push to get the humidifier as soon as possible. Your machine was dispensed at the full range default settings. You will want to make changes so the machine is more responsive to your needs and better treats your severe apnea.

The clinical menu for your machine is accessed by following these directions http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions.

The first thing you may want to do is to change the ramp minimum pressure and time. If you feel it takes too much effort to breath when beginning the night on CPAP it is because the pressure is too low. Increase the minimum pressure until you are comfortable. Turn off ramp, or decrease the time in ramp. By default it lasts 45 minutes, and everytime you shut down the machine it restarts. You are not being treated when the machine is in ramp mode.

You can request a clinical manual by sending an email to Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex, with Setup Manual in the subject line, and put "Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex" in the body of the email.

Good luck and keep us posted of your progress.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Lynn! Nice to hear back from you.

Well, you're off to a fine start. Congratulations on that.

I agree with Sleeprider (I usually do of course) about the minimum pressure needing to be a little higher. But what I did when I was new and did not know I could change it myself was just sit on the edge of the bed and suffer until it got up to 6 or 8.

Also I do not like the ramp feature. At your set pressure you shouldn't need it at all, so turn it off.

Do stay at the current pressure settings for awhile until you can find out how they will do. Ultimately I suspect they will need to be increased a little.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2015, 07:14 AM)sgearhart Wrote:
(04-15-2015, 04:42 AM)Scared Wrote: number D'Apnea TST 126 soit 21 per hour dont 119 obstrctives, 1 centrales 6 mixtes. numbet total d'hypopneces 323 soit 53 par hour (dont 88 obstructives)

I ran the above through Google Translate and got this (with a little editing):
The Apnea Total Sleep Time 126 or 21 per hour including; 119 Obstructive(OA), Central 16 mixed(CA). Total number of hypopneas 323 or 53 per hour (88 obstructive). Apnea Hypopnea Index (AHI) is 73 per hour.

Hope it helps . . .:grin:
Thank you very much, is it that bad!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2015, 07:45 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(04-15-2015, 04:42 AM)Scared Wrote: Hello all, thank you all for your passed comments.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,
So glad you are doing better. It takes awhile to get used to everything.
If your sore throat persists, please see your doctor. Although it may be lack of humidity.
Thanks, i will be glad when he comes nxt week to reset the machine and do the readings, my throat is so sore, but it could be my cold. x
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2015, 10:11 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Hello Lynn! Nice to hear back from you.

I agree with Sleeprider (I usually do of course) about the minimum pressure needing to be a little higher. But what I did when I was new and did not know I could change it myself was just sit on the edge of the bed and suffer until it got up to 6 or 8.

Also I do not like the ramp feature. At your set pressure you shouldn't need it at all, so turn it off.

Do stay at the current pressure settings for awhile until you can find out how they will do. Ultimately I suspect they will need to be increased a little.
The man from the company comes again next week to read the computer and reset it. I do find my ears block, Do you think he will change all you have said next week?
I must admit I feel pounds better than I did. thank you for your help. x

(04-15-2015, 10:11 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Hello Lynn! Nice to hear back from you.

I dont really understand all this so I hope he will sort it for me when he comes on Tuesday. Thank you so much for your help, will let you know what happens on Tuesday. Lynn

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 271 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 579 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  [Equipment] Airsense Autoset 11 FW Update GrumGrum 0 452 10-16-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: GrumGrum
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 10 2,991 09-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  AirSense 11 OTA update Millstone50 12 3,463 09-01-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Millstone50
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,076 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.