Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Update
RE: Update
Observance = compliance (hours).

trailrider, well done on this!

It would be very helpful to know what the machine settings are. I suspect the minimum pressure is still too low and allowing a relatively high number of hypopnea events, however the OA and CA are within tolerable limits.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2015, 07:55 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: It would be very helpful to know what the machine settings are. I suspect the minimum pressure is still too low and allowing a relatively high number of hypopnea events, however the OA and CA are within tolerable limits.

I think it may be 4 - 10, based on this:
"Hello all, the man has just been, he has left my machine at 4.10"

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2015, 07:39 PM)trailrider Wrote: Your numbers are where many people struggle for years to get to! The AHI could be lower, but that will likely come in time as your body adjusts to the therapy.

It would help us greatly if you updated your profile with the machine model and other data. Different manufacturers have slightly different names for things. I can't tell if 'RCS' is referring to Cheyne-Stokes breathing or 'ronflement' (snoring).

Thank you, so pleased to hear that they have gone down to a reasonable level, I have tried to get back into my profile page but don't know how to, but when I can work it out I will post. thank you so much for the reasurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Scared,
Look at the top of the page on the right side in the grayed out part.
It will say My Profile. Click on that and it takes you back to your profile.

Happy to see that you are doing well. Remember, it times time to adapt and see those numbers come down. And more importantly is how you feel. Smile

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As well, since your upper limit was at 10,0 and your 90% pressure is 9,8 it also may indicate you could do a little better setting upper limit to 11,0 just to see if you gravitate upward with allowed space to travel. Also, most find 4,0 stifling feeling like they cannot get enough air. We see many choosing 6,0 or 7,0 as a minimum.

Your numbers are really good at this point. Good luck.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you still have congestion, please try to coat VICKS on tips of 5 toes on both feet before bed, then sock them until morning. experiment with various layers of sweater/sweat pants to adjust body temperature.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2015, 08:22 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Hi Scared,
Look at the top of the page on the right side in the grayed out part.
It will say My Profile. Click on that and it takes you back to your profile.

Happy to see that you are doing well. Remember, it times time to adapt and see those numbers come down. And more importantly is how you feel. Smile

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 06:29 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: If you still have congestion, please try to coat VICKS on tips of 5 toes on both feet before bed, then sock them until morning. experiment with various layers of sweater/sweat pants to adjust body temperature.

QAL

Thanks will try that, just got back from the uk and bought some vicks, I do get very warm at night but will try it, never heard of putting it on your toes...lol but will give it a go and let you know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 06:22 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: As well, since your upper limit was at 10,0 and your 90% pressure is 9,8 it also may indicate you could do a little better setting upper limit to 11,0 just to see if you gravitate upward with allowed space to travel. Also, most find 4,0 stifling feeling like they cannot get enough air. We see many choosing 6,0 or 7,0 as a minimum.

Your numbers are really good at this point. Good luck.

QAL

Hello, well the man has just been again and altered the machine to 4 to start but gradually getting up to 9.4 within 10 mins and if I have any problems I have to ring him, if not he is leaving it like that until I get back from Chicago so until July, I hope its going to be ok. I don't find 4 that bad now I have got use to it. its all so overwhelming but I will keep plodding on, with all the kind help I get from everyone on here.
(04-29-2015, 03:29 AM)Scared Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 06:29 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: If you still have congestion, please try to coat VICKS on tips of 5 toes on both feet before bed, then sock them until morning. experiment with various layers of sweater/sweat pants to adjust body temperature.

QAL

Thanks will try that, just got back from the uk and bought some vicks, I do get very warm at night but will try it, never heard of putting it on your toes...lol but will give it a go and let you know.

Well I am amazed it seem to help, thank you..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 367 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 271 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 579 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  [Equipment] Airsense Autoset 11 FW Update GrumGrum 0 452 10-16-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: GrumGrum
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 10 2,991 09-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  AirSense 11 OTA update Millstone50 12 3,465 09-01-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Millstone50
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,079 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.