Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Updated DreamStation Firmware to 1.1.7
RE: Updated DreamStation Firmware to 1.1.7
TKramer, as a general rule with the Philips auto CPAP, setting the minimum pressure about 2-cm below your 90% pressure is required to optimize for obstruction. In your case, that is about 11-cm. You might get away with a minimum of 10, and your current 8.5 cm certainly produces acceptable results. It just depends on your level of comfort whether further optimization, through higher minimum pressure, is worthwhile.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.. I see the DreamStation has a page on it that shows what my 90% average is.  I will keep that in mind as I continue moving forward.  I don't want to go too high over what the Dr originally set at 7.  I know my last visit (4 months in) he said he wanted to bump the numbers a bit but said he wanted a little more time first since I was showing under 5 AHI (his minimum acceptable level).  My next appointment is still ~30 days away.

Thanks again for all the tips and advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
A common titration for CPAP at fixed pressure will result in a prescription for 90th percentile pressure, for extinguishing OA, H  and RERA events as shown in the protocol below.  Most labs deem a successful titration as AHI less than 5 for at least 20 minutes.  I think it's fair to say that whatever your doctor relied on for recommending your pressure was based on a short term test that was not fully representative of your needs.  This is very common, and we see it here all the time.  Auto CPAP machines vary in their ability to respond with higher pressure to prevent events and arousals.  The Philips is considerably slower than a Resmed, and requires a higher minimum pressure to intercept events.  If you were using a Resmed Autoset, a minimum pressure of 7.0 may have actually worked, but not the Dreamstation Auto.

Your doctor is telling you that <5-AHI is fine by him and the medical community.  You can take that statement at face value, that as long as you are 5 or fewer AHI he is not compelled to make changes to your prescription.  Most of us on the forum set our expectations a bit higher, and will optimize for the lowest AHI achievable with good comfort and sleep quality.  Most doctors accept the results of patient self-titration and will incorprate that as his own finding in your record.  Don't worry about it.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4115]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wanted to post to say "thank you" to everyone.  My last couple of nights of sleep have been the most restful I have had in years.  I even added my oxygen concentrator back into the mix for the last two nights.  It's not highly needed and I was thinking the new firmware was picking up oddness from it.  I think I will leave my lower setting at 9 for a couple weeks to see how it looks.  It's certainly better than the 7 was where I was in the 3 to 4's.

Thanks

[attachment=9389]
[attachment=9390]
Post Reply Post Reply
Tkramer, good to hear you are feeling more rested.  That is good news.  Just a suggestion for your Sleepyhead graphs.  If you want to stop it from lighting up like a Christmas tree, you can turn off the VS2 events which are a mystery.  You can go to
file>preferences>events.  And then uncheck the VS2 box.  Trust me.  It will look much nicer and then you would clearly see the VS events which are the true snores.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve noticed on my SH reports VS2 appears to be used as a guide to when Auto machines adjust the pressure.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to document in this thread that we now have an update for DreamStation Go machines (Firmware version 1.1.2),

See here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid235296
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,408 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,850 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation johnathonm 177 83,095 08-30-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Upgrade [firmware] issues with Dreamstation Go heavydpj 2 1,360 11-26-2021, 02:11 AM
Last Post: zellem
  Do VAutos have any firmware or electronics changes to consider before buying new? 2SleepBetta 5 958 08-10-2021, 09:59 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  CMS-50F firmware upgrade sleeplessin 5 1,009 05-17-2021, 10:23 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Updated to 1.2.0 version error question?? Sleepy Time Gal 2 695 02-05-2021, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Time Gal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.