Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Updated DreamStation Firmware to 1.1.7
RE: Updated DreamStation Firmware to 1.1.7
Ah do you have optistart turned on ? That will cause your issue
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I just turned Opti and EZ Start off and will test tonight.  I just did a one hour test and I'm not seeing the crazy amounts of VS any more and I seen the pressure adjusting again.

Since I reset the unit, I'm seeing the "congratulations on XXX number of days of therapy".  I also wonder if there is a learning algorithm that gets better over time.

I will do some captures tomorrow morning with a fresh night of data.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
This is with no Opti or EZ Start.  It looks MUCH better to me, but I'm still a newbie.  Auto adjust is back, I don't see the crazy amounts of VS's.

What does everyone else think?

[attachment=9334]
[attachment=9335]
Post Reply Post Reply
I typically get 10-20 VS2 reports everything night.  I just turn it off in Sleepyhead and ignore it.  Nobody seems to know what exactly VS2 records but I know it is not snores.  My snore detector (wife) tells me I don't snore anymore.  But your previous Sleepyhead reports were over the top.  Seems like you've fixed that problem for now.  

I think you can use higher minimum pressure, around 10-12 which is closer to your 95% pressure.  It's interesting that your hypopnea cluster at the beginning of the night were occurring while your machine was ramping up pressure.  Could be a positional thing as well.

I cleaned up all my hypopnea's with an increase in min pressure.  (Started at 6 and now at 8.5). I would expect you would have the same success.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2018, 06:37 AM)tkramer Wrote: This is with no Opti or EZ Start.  It looks MUCH better to me, but I'm still a newbie.  Auto adjust is back, I don't see the crazy amounts of VS's.

What does everyone else think?

Looks much better.  It seems that no one can explain VS2 snores.  I also turn that setting off in SleepyHead.  The VS snores are real though, and are usually taken care of with a higher minimum pressure.  

You experienced a lot of Hypopneas at the beginning of your night, probably what we call SWJ (sleep wake junk).  The low minimum pressure doesn’t help.  A Respironics machine is known to act slow when responding to Apnea events, therefore your minimum pressure should be set closer to the median number.  A good rule of thumb is to keep it at 2 to 3cm below the 90% reading.

I would start by changing the minimum pressure to 11cm. (It may need to be higher, but wait and see.) This should help with flow limitation and any snoring, and should bring your AHI number down a bit.

This guide is a good source for understanding some of this stuff.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tips.. I will try upping my lower pressure up a little.

I did watch tv while falling asleep last night so I wonder if my neck was in a really bad position.

Both good things to watch for tonight.  Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Things seem to be smoothing out.  I might bump my lower number up another .5 but the AHI is looking good.

Two nights in a row where it didn't auto adjust to 18-19.  Could this happen because I have a cold and my nose is stuffy?  I haven't used the machine in the winter months yet.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

[attachment=9356]
[attachment=9357]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm betting with an increase of min pressure by 2 to 3 cm will reduce your hypopnea's significantly.  (My charts were very similar to yours in the beginning and my AHI numbers are now consistently below 1.)  But I would increase the pressure gradually and watch for a few days.  Rule of thumb with min pressure is to have it 2-3 cm lower than your 90%.  Your current 95% pressure is 13 so you have room in increase your min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your respiratory rate seems to be a little high and tidal volume a little low. I would think a Bi level machine would be better suited to you. It would help you breath better. Something you might want to discuss with your Doctor about.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice everyone.  I will try a slight increase after a few more days.  My next Dr. appointment is in a month.  I should have some good data to show him by then.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,311 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,789 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation johnathonm 177 82,660 08-30-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Upgrade [firmware] issues with Dreamstation Go heavydpj 2 1,334 11-26-2021, 02:11 AM
Last Post: zellem
  Do VAutos have any firmware or electronics changes to consider before buying new? 2SleepBetta 5 934 08-10-2021, 09:59 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  CMS-50F firmware upgrade sleeplessin 5 975 05-17-2021, 10:23 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Updated to 1.2.0 version error question?? Sleepy Time Gal 2 672 02-05-2021, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Time Gal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.