Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Updated DreamStation Firmware to 1.1.7
Updated DreamStation Firmware to 1.1.7
Hi,
     I have recently upgraded my DreamStation to firmware 1.1.7 and I wanted to check to see if everything looks ok.  I feel great in the morning but you can never get enough validations.  I have the machine set to optimize and ez start on.  Ramp is 4 for 10 minutes.

My only concern is all the VS in the flow.  I never seen that much with 1.1.5.  
Does anyone see anything that stands out or that I should be trying differently?
Thanks in advance.

[attachment=9318]

[attachment=9319]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Updated DreamStation Firmware to 1.1.7
I have never seen anything like this. Do you have a chart from before the firmware update? In spite of all the snores and a group of events, your machine set to 8-20 pressure never varies from 15 cm. It is behaving like it is in fixed CPAP mode, and I suspect the constant snores is a mechanical or sensor issue. I think you should have it checked out.

You can hide the VS and VS2 events, and zoom into a 2-minute segment of the flow rate. We might be able to tell more.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The first thing I'd ask is, "Did you totally power down and reboot after the firmware update?"
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the feedback everyone.  I have rebooted several times since the firmware update. 

This is back with the 1.1.5 firmware.
[attachment=9320]

This is the day before last zoomed in without the VS info.
[attachment=9321]

Thank you again

That is odd that the pressure is no longer "auto" looking.  I wonder if that's from the OPT start?
Post Reply Post Reply
I did find a hole in my heated hose last week and replaced it.  It looks like pressure has not been auto adjusting since the 3rd of December.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=9322][attachment=9323]

Here is the screenshot of my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know. Your machine appears to be providing therapeutic pressure, and your AHI is unchanged, but the auto pressure is working as a fixed pressure, and the sensors are picking up a frequency it interprets as snores. I think taking the machine to your supplier is your best recourse. We have not seen this behavior in any other machine, regardless of firmware, so it may be coincidental. It's probably best not to bring it up when returning the machine. Supplier #27 might be able to help with repair information. It's worth a call.

If not under warranty, I would start looking for a good new machine, and keep this for backup. There are often good deals on Craigslist and other online marketplaces. My impression is that you would do better with a Resmed Autoset or bilevel that may improve your tidal volume. Your events are at an acceptable rate, but the clusters suggest a positional apnea is part of the problem. Your machine appears to be working for you, but I have no idea what is causing the snore detection. Double check tube connectors and seals where the humidifier connects to the flow generator.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
I will do.. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe it’s confused set it to cpap mode save and turn it off back on and back to auto and see what happens my other suggestion would be a factory rest but that will remove your data from the machine so if you have any need for the data don’t do that
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice.  I did reset the system and backed up my data before hand.  I even wiped my SD card as well.  I'm going to give it a test tonight with Opti and EZ turned off.  I also gave everything a good cleaning just to make sure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,308 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,784 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation johnathonm 177 82,634 08-30-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Upgrade [firmware] issues with Dreamstation Go heavydpj 2 1,331 11-26-2021, 02:11 AM
Last Post: zellem
  Do VAutos have any firmware or electronics changes to consider before buying new? 2SleepBetta 5 933 08-10-2021, 09:59 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  CMS-50F firmware upgrade sleeplessin 5 971 05-17-2021, 10:23 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Updated to 1.2.0 version error question?? Sleepy Time Gal 2 669 02-05-2021, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Time Gal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.