Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Updated Oscar and data is inaccurate...need help
Updated Oscar and data is inaccurate...need help
I have been using an older version of Oscar for a long time and the only issue I had with it was it didn't always save my notes when I exited. Now I have updated to V 1.1.1 and it looks like the data is inaccurate. I don't know why it doesn't match what I had in it with the old version, but I need to know how to correct it.

As an example,
for last night, my data on the old version was:
AHI 8.40, leak (31,80,103), with 26A, 41H
now it shows:
AHI 9.58, leak (32, 82, 104), with 28A, 48H

on another day, my old software showed:
AHI 14.51, leak (66,103,105), with 15A, 86H
with the new software it shows:
AHI 26.15, leak (66, 103, 105), with 29A, 153H

I shut down the program and rebooted. I have re-read the card several times.
Nothing seems to be correcting.
I'm pretty frustrated and in way over my head!

Could someone with more brains than me give me a hand?!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Updated Oscar and data is inaccurate...need help
Which version of OSCAR were you using before?

Have you compared the AHI OSCAR reports with the front panel of your ASV machine in the morning?  Which version of OSCAR is the machine display closest to?

If you would like us to look at your data, in OSCAR, use "Help/Troubleshooting/Create a zip of data card."  Then direct your browser to https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b and upload the zip file.  We'll look at your data and try it with both the latest version of OSCAR and the version you were running before to identify the problem. Your SD card will not be shared.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, what is the version number of the older OSCAR you are basing your assumptions on? As OSCAR has matured, many incorrect data reports have been found and corrected. A screenshot of the same day from both versions might help as well.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your responses ...
The old version I was using was OSCAR-1.0.1-r1-Win64
The older version AHI matched the machine readout as far as I know
My machine is showing 23.4 AHI for last night
The new software is showing 22.93 AHI for last night

Here are some comparisons
8-12-20 old software

8-12-20 new software

I can see the number of hours does not match in one of the sessions ..no idea why
all sessions are selected

I am zipping my card and uploading as instructed
Again thanks for any help
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops. Trying to upload the zip file, I encountered an error.
It says "Can't upload right now. Fred Bonjour is low on space."
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2020, 08:59 AM)KallyA Wrote: Oops. Trying to upload the zip file, I encountered an error.
It says "Can't upload right now. Fred Bonjour is low on space."

Thanks!  I'll let Fred know about that.

Instead, upload to my dropbox instead at https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deleted older files, someone had uploaded raw, non-xipped data.
Odd that dropbox did not warn me.
Post Reply Post Reply
uploaded
Post Reply Post Reply
I should say on it's way.
Should be done in about 30 min
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2020, 08:56 AM)KallyA Wrote: My machine is showing 23.4 AHI for last night
The new software is showing 22.93 AHI for last night

Slight differences between the CPAP machines front panel and OSCAR are to be expected because of the different way the machine calculates the number displayed on the screen.

The formula for calculating AHI is (total events) / (total time).  You had three sessions.  The way the CPAP machine calculates is to round the elapsed time of each session to the minute, then add the times for the three sessions together.  This results in 7:30:00 elapsed time.  OSCAR, on the other hand, adds the elapsed time of each session in sessions.  This may result in a larger or small elapsed time than the machine used to calculate AHI, resulting in this case in an elapsed time of 7:30:04.  Those four seconds different in elapsed time used in the calculation is all it takes to make that difference in the AHI reported. 

So, don't worry about minor differences between OSCAR index calculations and machine front panel reports.

For 8/12/20, OSCAR 1.0.1-r1, 1.1.0, 1.1.1, and 1.2.0-beta-1 1.0.1 all show the same AHI when I import your SD card.  (The beta is not released yet.)  I am not certain why 1.1.1 reported a different AHI and total time to you.  Can you take another screenshot showing the session information at the bottom left of the Daily screen?  I suspect the answer will be there.

Quote:As an example,
for last night, my data on the old version was:
AHI 8.40, leak (31,80,103), with 26A, 41H
now it shows:
AHI 9.58, leak (32, 82, 104), with 28A, 48H

on another day, my old software showed:
AHI 14.51, leak (66,103,105), with 15A, 86H
with the new software it shows:
AHI 26.15, leak (66, 103, 105), with 29A, 153H

Could you show me the session information for each of those cases?

On Aug 30, the day with AHI 14.51, the numbers look suspiciously like OSCAR may have counted some sessions twice.  Had you purged that day, or a nearby one, and then re-imported?  We've seen some reports indicating a possible problem with that sequence of events.  Normally, that's done because someone is trying to re-import a day that was partially imported.  (That won't be necessary with the next release of OSCAR as it will allow data to be imported twice during a day.)

You know, I hope, that your leak rates are too high?
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 78 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 98 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.