Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Updated Oscar and data is inaccurate...need help
RE: Updated Oscar and data is inaccurate...need help
Here is the full night screen shot for 9-1, which is the first one you commented on

Here is the same night with the session information showing
[attachment=26246]
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the two screens from 8-30, which is the second example you requested

I do see some odd entries in regards to the ending of the sessions
Post Reply Post Reply
There was a fix for Resmed machines in V1.1.1 for reading sessions. In prior versions, if you started a session within 2 minutes of the previous session, Resmed didn't fully report it (sessions are logged in a couple of places) and OSCAR wasn't aware of the new session. This can explain some discrepancies in the report.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again for your help on this ...

There are some critical differences between the old software info and the new
Here is the example from 8-12
old software full screen

new software full screen

new software showing session data

old software is showing 4 hours and 3 min on the first session
new software is showing 3 hours and 42 min on the first session
old software is showing 7:30 min total time in apnea
new software is showing 1:20 min total time in apnea

Unfortunately I installed the new software just before I saw my regular GP who insisted I contact my sleep doc about getting a new sleep study.
The AHIs and leakage has been a problem for a long time. When I have pointed that out, my sleep doctor tries to minimize the AHI problem because  he only thinks the average over 30days matters and my AHI is so variable that the average is acceptable to him. When I have pointed out that the numbers are skewed to look good because I often lay awake half the night (effectively cutting the AHI in half), he minimizes it and says he has to go by the numbers. When I struggle to get the leakage down, he says let it leak. And in fact my AHI looks better when it leaks a little, but I have not been able to control how much it leaks, so sometimes it leaks so much it drops the data. My sleep doctor doesn't seem to be able to see this or doesn't look. Now I am having daily tachycardia, which my GP thinks is associated with the high AHI. So for sure it would be good to get this software working so I can make some printouts for examples and press my point again with the sleep doc. I will see him in four days, so I'm wondering if I shouldn't just bag new software for now and reinstall the old version. Salvage the new install or reinstall old version? What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is exactly to what I was referring to. If you look at v1.1.1's first session, you will see an additional small session adjacent to it.  This session time is more than likely the 21-minute session being reported in the older version's first session.  The 1-1/2 minute extra total time being reported in the older version could well be the gap between the two sessions (CPAP off) that the new version now sees.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There were extensive changes in the ResMed importer between the 1.0.1 OSCAR and the 1.1.1 OSCAR releases.

>>>old software is showing 7:30 min total time in apnea
>>>new software is showing 1:20 min total time in apnea

One of those changes was the discovery that the earlier version arbitrarily assigned a duration of 10 seconds to all hypopneas - of which you had a lot. In fact, the data files do not have any duration assigned, so we don't count them in the Total Time in Apnea in version 1.1.1. I think you can see this if you click on the Events tab (beside the Details tab).

Long story short, I would trust the new version.

One of the ASV experts may want to comment on how to reduce your hypopneas, which seem to be that major component of your AHI.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you imported Aug 12 using version 1.0.1, which incorrectly reports four sessions rather than three.  Is that correct?

Here is what that day looks like when importing into 1.1.1 or 1.2.0:

Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your response.
I entered a lot of data in then notes section, which is now matched inappropriately with different data in the new version.
This makes it difficult to show continuity or change over time, at least until the next time I see my sleep doc.
Is it possible to have both versions installed?
Post Reply Post Reply
If errors are caused by something I did, I probably have a lot of errors.
How would I correct that now, in the new version?
Post Reply Post Reply
KallyA,

I would be more worried about the amount of leaks showing on your charts leaks can cause an ASV to go into runaway and keep raising pressure. The small differences in AHI are not detrimental to your treatment Large Leaks are.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 1 63 04-17-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 86 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 924 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 269 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 242 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 902 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 218 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.