Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Updated Oscar and data is inaccurate...need help
RE: Updated Oscar and data is inaccurate...need help
(09-04-2020, 12:47 PM)KallyA Wrote: I entered a lot of data in then notes section, which is now matched inappropriately with different data in the new version.
This makes it difficult to show continuity or change over time, at least until the next time I see my sleep doc.
Is it possible to have both versions installed?

Are you using the same database and profile for each OSCAR 1.1.1 as you did for 1.0.1-r1?  If so, the notes will be unchanged.

If you are using a different profile or database for each version, you can copy notes from one profile to another.  The procedure is described here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...r_profiles.

Yes, you can have both versions installed, but there are issues.  OSCAR 1.1.1 updated the database format, so you should not use the same database and profile with both version 1.0.1-r1 and 1.1.1.  If you use an older version of OSCAR than was last used on a profile, there may be errors.  So you should have a separate database for each version of OSCAR.  OSCAR also remembers the last database and profile used, and both versions of OSCAR save that information in the same place.  So you will need to make a custom shortcut for both versions of OSCAR so that they will start with database in the format that each one expects.

If you really want to do that, I can walk you through the process.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree 100%. I had my appointment moved up to next Tuesday. If he doesn't have a solution for me about the leakage or improving treatment, my GP is all about finding me another sleep doc. Unfortunately, I'm only a year into my contract to buy my latest ASV with Medicare with this sleep doctor. Don't know how that would be affected.

Thanks for the help. Did you have an idea about whether I could run two versions or whether I should reinstall the old version?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, it looks like my replies are out of order to the contributions of others.

I copied the OSCAR data folders to a different drive before I installed the 1.1.1 version.
I think I will uninstall the new version and wait for the next upgrade to update again.
For now, I am hoping I can do a clean reinstall of my old version and then drag the data from my backup back to where it belongs.
Is there anything wrong with this approach that might cause a problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, that should work fine if you have a good backup of the database used with 1.0.1-rc before. You can just install the old version of OSCAR and it will overlay the new version with the old version in C:\Programs\Oscar. For an even cleaner install, uninstall the new version, delete c:\Programs\Oscar, then install the old version.

However, because both versions of OSCAR remember the last used database in the same place, when you start the old version after doing this it will look at the new data location. Easiest way around that is to rename the new database from OSCAR_Data to OSCAR_Data-new or in any case another name that it has now. Then, when you start OSCAR, it will offer to create a database for you, respond "no" and use the following dialog to locate your older database.

I would recommend sticking with 1.1.1 though. It has more accurate importing than 1.0.1. It is, of course, your choice!
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2020, 03:20 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: I would be more worried about the amount of leaks

Exactly.  Actually you're using your machine as a leaf blower.  You can't neither rely on the therapy nor on the data the machine delivers.  Both worthless.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! Why can't my sleep doc see that???
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2020, 11:41 AM)KallyA Wrote: Yes! Why can't my sleep doc see that???

Because he's too busy to be bothered with those types of things, most likely.  With a lot of those docs, its just "You got the machine, now use it every night", and then then don't question much of anything else or look at anything but your compliance data.

Might want to invite him to join Apnea Board, that might help expand his education.  But far too many sleep docs think they already know it all, so good luck with that.   Bigwink

I know for me personally, if I needed help with my CPAP therapy, I'd trust the consensus opinion of experienced members here before I'd trust anything my current sleep doc tells me.  But that's my own situation - your sleep doc may be different.  I fear most are not, however.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you again to everyone involved with this thread
I was able to reinstall the old version with ease. Looking forward to the next update, but will pick a better time to do it.
The old program will give me continuity in the data for my upcoming appointment at the sleep clinic next week.

OSCAR is awesome and gives me priceless insight as to what is happening at night.

So glad you are all here when I need ya! Take care!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 5 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 95 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.