Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Updates to AirSense 11?
Updates to AirSense 11?
Hi all, I was just wondering, now that a lot of ResMed machines are not wirelessly connected because of the 3G being dropped (mine included) is there any way to get updates to the machine software from ResMed if/when they come out? Do they even update the machine's software occasionally? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Updates to AirSense 11?
ResMed has rarely issued an OTA update.
What does the FCC label say on the AS11? I'd expect to see 4G and neither 3G nor CDMA

Also as a ROT min pressure should be not less than 7 unless there is a specific reason for it. 7 is the min pressure that enables the full range of EPR to work. This applies to the Ramp as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply Gideon, I have looked numerous times on the outside and in the settings and I have not been able to find any info about a modem or what G it might be. All I have on the screen are the bars with a circle line thru them. Thanks for the tip on the press setting I will change it now.
Post Reply Post Reply
There should be a FCC label on the bottom, take a pic and post it here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again, here they are.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The FCC ID on the sticker on the the back of the machine identifies the modem installed. If it ends in 4G, and all AirSense 11 machines do, you have a 4G modem.
On my AS10, if I enter the My Options menu, scroll all the way down to 'About', click it and scroll all the way down to the modem description. It had the type and the provider and the signal strength. I'm not sure if all that can show up on an AS11.

It sounds to me as if you may be in a weak signal area, or your modem is set up for a provider that is not available in your area.
I don't know what you can do about either of those beyond keeping an SD card in you machine to keep your statistics and efficacy data to bring to your doctor.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Pholynyk, I did go into the settings like you said and where it should have the provider, and everything that is all blank. A couple of weeks ago I took it back to the supply place where I got it and the nurse was going to give me another out of the box machine. She hooked it up and it was also blank so she tried another unit and got the same thing. This was in a different town from me with good reception. All the units also had no bars with a circle line thru them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just noticed in one of the pictures that the number does end in 4G. I heard that ResMed stopped the 3G modems, can you tell me if the 4G should still be working or not? Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the ResMed carrier is T-Mobile.

Go to t-mobile's website and see if your location and that of your DME's is in the 4G (or better) coverage area.
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked the TMobile site and it looks like I am in the 5G area but then it also says that I am in the Partner area. Both 5G and Partner.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) Chris33022 26 4,167 06-20-2022, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Chris33022
Idea Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015] SuperSleeper 21 7,427 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  ResScan 3.16 Release Notes / Updates & Bug Fixes [old version] SuperSleeper 0 5,122 02-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.