Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1]
Sad 
Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1]
Upgrade check not working

I just spent an hour writing a bug report that a fairly recent download (about a month or two ago) of 1.4.0+e35d47b3 was unable to import data from Löwenstein Prisma Smart Plus.

Part of it was using "Help" - "Check for updates". And it said I was using newest version

I could not (easily) find the Prisma in "Help" - "About Oscar" - "Release notes" even though it was in the wiki. Before posting the report I then went to sleepfiles.com to find a searchable version of the release notes.

Hello! New verion is OSCAR 1.5.0+master-c2a7e2b0 - and everything worked! Fastest bugfix ever.

When checking for Gitlab I see the latest update to the 1.5.0 tag is about a month old. No releases are present on Gitlab.

On (I may not post links butSmile sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ a bit down it says "September 2023 Release version"

Personally I find the current structure a little confusing: OSCAR 1.5.0+master-c2a7e2b0 using the git sha implies intermediate or rolling release. I might see another 1.5.0+master-babababa and cannot infer which one is newer. I can see that there is a 1.5.1 tag so a new version is underway. But as no releases are listed on the Gitlab page it leaves me wondering. Later on that page it actually says: "September 2023 Release version".

I would much prefer that the release notes used clean semantic versioning (without git sha). And it would be nice if it was followed by the release date. But that's just my opinion. I have heard that most people have one or another.

In this case it would however be helpful. I now have no idea if I was too cutting edge and the new version has not been announced for the update check because it is super fresh. But I suspect that the actual release was early september and there then might be a problem with the update check for older versions? Oh! I tested today 20230923 at around 08:15 CET.

And now I am here at the forum I see the announcement at 09-01-2023, 12:25 AM.

Small thing - but still a thing :-)

Oh! I did not mean to whine!!! If the update check doesn't work some users might stay on an older version for too long.

Kind regards,
clan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Upgrade check not working
Upgrade check has been fixed in the new 1.5.1 release.

See here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...1-released
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 252 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 127 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,259 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  AirSense 10 LTE upgrade SGKent 5 730 01-07-2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Viatom/Wellue Check Me O2 [interface cable] Kingsway 6 1,273 11-14-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  SpO2 Drop below X not working? YouTakeMyBreathAway 9 885 02-03-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Set CPAP to fixed pressure but OSCAR shows pressure decreasing all night... cpapnewbie18 2 763 01-12-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.