Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Upgrade procedure for ResSan
Question 
Upgrade procedure for ResSan
In going from RS 5.1 to 5.3, should one:
a) Remove 5.1 then install.
b) Just install over 5.1

It's more of a Windows question. As many of you know Windows has is idiosyncrasies.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Upgrade procedure for ResSan
Not sure about this software, but 99.9% of programs you just upgrade without deleting the old copy. If it needs to be deleted the upgrade will normally take care of it. If a manual removal is required I would think they would make that clear.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I did that I just installed the new version without worrying about the old version.
Post Reply Post Reply
addenda: Yesterday, RS 5.1 hung for some reason. I could not kill the process.
I ended up holding the power button for 4 seconds to force a power down.
When I restarted, my RAID array (RAID 1 mirror) did a verify and repair.
It takes 2 hours; and the machine is nearly unusable during the process.
It found and repaired 10 errors.

Perhaps, I should turn off all disk write caching?

My system:
Dell 8700 with i7 core 4770 @ 3.4 GHz
Intel Z87 chipset
24 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM with latency 11.
EVGA GT 750 Ti superclocked GPU.
2, WD Black 1 TB HDDs in RAID 1 mirror
460 Watt OEM PSU.
Windows 7, 64bit Pro.
IRST version 12.0.2.1001
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2015, 12:56 PM)justMongo Wrote: addenda: Yesterday, RS 5.1 hung for some reason. I could not kill the process.
I ended up holding the power button for 4 seconds to force a power down.
When I restarted, my RAID array (RAID 1 mirror) did a verify and repair.
It takes 2 hours; and the machine is nearly unusable during the process.
It found and repaired 10 errors.

If you right click on the bottom task bar and open "Task Manager", then go to applications, highlight the program that is hung, then "end task", you should be able to stop it that way without shutting down.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2015, 09:17 PM)player Wrote: If you right click on the bottom task bar and open "Task Manager", then go to applications, highlight the program that is hung, then "end task", you should be able to stop it that way without shutting down.

Tried that. It was like a zombie that could not be killed.

This morning MSIE 11 stopped working. A little Google fu using FireFox show that others had the same issue caused by Norton.
An update from Norton fixed their problem.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2015, 11:07 AM)justMongo Wrote: This morning MSIE 11 stopped working. A little Google fu using FireFox show that others had the same issue caused by Norton.
An update from Norton fixed their problem.

I had the same problem with Norton. It caused headaches for other programs as well. I finally removed and got something else, now I don't have any problems.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2015, 11:44 AM)sgearhart Wrote: I had the same problem with Norton. It caused headaches for other programs as well. I finally removed and got something else, now I don't have any problems.

Now that's some great news! To get rid of my problems all I have to do is remove Norton? That's great........... Now, if I can just figure out where Mrs. R_G is keeping him.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2015, 12:30 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(02-21-2015, 11:44 AM)sgearhart Wrote: I had the same problem with Norton. It caused headaches for other programs as well. I finally removed and got something else, now I don't have any problems.

Now that's some great news! To get rid of my problems all I have to do is remove Norton? That's great........... Now, if I can just figure out where Mrs. R_G is keeping him.

He's with Jackie Gleason (aka: Ralph Kramden.)
Art Carney played his neighbor, Ed Norton.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 107 8,043 01-24-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Does ResMed plan to upgrade to 5G ? 3disorders 1 484 11-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How hard is it to upgrade with Medicare ? Nightynite 2 552 11-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset firmware upgrade? Tomislav 6 2,732 01-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Tomislav
  Upgrade to AS11? txrpls 6 1,128 08-20-2022, 07:57 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Online Sleep Doctors--Easy Rx (renewal/upgrade)? Scam? Thoughts? PurchanceToDream 2 719 04-30-2022, 01:40 AM
Last Post: PurchanceToDream
  [Diagnosis] Insurance for upgrade to Aircurve PSlebow 18 1,513 04-16-2022, 08:57 AM
Last Post: PSlebow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.