Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Upgrade time what's new in the world of masks? Advice plz
Cool 
Upgrade time what's new in the world of masks? Advice plz
Hello all my fellow hose heads!!Coffee

Been awhile since I've stopped by hope everyone is doing well.

It's mask upgrade time for me , Woo-Hoo !!

Need some suggestions please. I've found so far I tolerate the Wisp nasal mask, next to that would be swift nasal pillows BUT the nasal pillows I get burning in my nose I don't like.

Wisp is great!! My issue of late is the headgear is really aggravating me. Wish they made the Wisp with earloops ... Yes, I've tried my own little alteration it didn't work! Lol

Any suggestions for a wisp lover frame hater?

Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Upgrade time what's new in the world of masks? Advice plz
Look at the SleepWeaver Élan. It is currently my favorite.
If you want to avoid head gear look at TapPap, but it uses nasal pillows I believe.

Good lick on your search.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just bought a F&P Pilario Q from a friend it didn't work for because the headgear was far too large. Haven't used it enough for a thorough review, but it's very comfortable and quiet. This is the first nasal pillow I've tried.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MsDixie,
Good to hear from you again.
You do know that the Wisp has two different frames to try, the silicon or the cloth frame. Maybe you could try the other frame.
As far as trying pillows, if you wanted to stick with those, you could try to swav a "LITTLE" bit of HPA Lanolin cream in your nostriles with a Q-Tip. Hope this helps you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The Pilario is getting widely mixed reviews. Folks love it a lot but I think nearly everyone that has tried it also get a nasal sore from it.

Other than that one and the Wisp, the Elan, and maybe one other, there's not really much new. Just the same old getting slightly different looks.

But keep in mind that what works for a thousand won't mean it will work for you. We are each different! Some of us go through a lot of masks before we find one we can tolerate.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2013, 09:54 AM)MsDixie Wrote: Wisp is great!! My issue of late is the headgear is really aggravating me. Wish they made the Wisp with earloops ... Yes, I've tried my own little alteration it didn't work! Lol
It looks like the (new) Resmed Swift FX Nano nasal mask uses the exact same headgear that the Resmed Swift FX nasal pillows mask uses. If that's the case, it's worth trying to find out if the Nano nasal mask could be used with the Bella Loops that are designed for the Swift FX nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've not tried any of the new masks, just getting older with the old mask
Best of luck on your search
Post Reply Post Reply
Howdy!
Thanks for all the replies :-)
I left a message for my supply lady to see if they can order the SleepWeaver Élan. I really like the looks of it. If not, I'll see about the Nano if the loops will work with it!
The Pilario looks great in lack of mask contact but it's nasal pillows instead of mask. I've got a swift fx nasal pillow. Loveeee the ear loops, and did great with swapping between it and the wisp until last month or so, then my nose started burning - too much air going up it! Even turning up the heat didnt help. Trish I thought about trying some kind of ointment but I'd have to touch my brain with it ha, the burning is way up inside my nose it makes me feel like the pressure needs to be turned down ( it doesn't just the way it feels )
Then the mask from my wisp just started feeling like I was bound... ahhh me and my psychosis. lol

On a side note last time I was here the doc had changed me over to the auto a-flex and that has really helped me with adjusting. It's not perfect, but what is eh?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a comment. It had been some 7-9 years since I last tried nose pillows, and I tried a set again for the first time this week - 3 nights in a row, first night horrid burning, so I cranked the humidity way up, the burning isn't nearly as bad, but the idea of too much pressure hits the nail on the head, as weird as it sounds, switched back to my nasal mask bout 5AM this morning - it IS a pity though, talk about a wonderful seal - WOW!
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2013, 09:54 AM)MsDixie Wrote: Need some suggestions please. I've found so far I tolerate the Wisp nasal mask, next to that would be swift nasal pillows BUT the nasal pillows I get burning in my nose I don't like.

How long did you use the Swift FX? I found mine was irritating at first, but I started using it a few hours a night and then would swap back to my old mask. Some nights I'd skip the Swift entirely.

Now that my nose has toughened up, I could easily forget I'm wearing it and accidentally wear it to work some day.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,818 3 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 301 11 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 179 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 214 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 873 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,445 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.