Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Upgrade to AS11?
Upgrade to AS11?
I am a happy sleeper with my AS10. I hate sleeping without my machine. Sometimes I have to travel and I forget something. Last time it was the power supply. Anyway, is there any compelling reason to update to the AS11?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Upgrade to AS11?
I don't think so.

As far as I can tell, there have been no changes to the algorithms. Some people report that the fixed hose outlet is a nuisance, or that it feels lighter and cheaper. The clock cannot be set to the correct time if it happens to be wrong, and the time zones are limited to hourly offsets.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, sir!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've read several user reports saying that the workings of the two machines effectively the same, subject to the comments pholnyk has made above. Sometimes "new and improved" isn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are several websites that lay out the differences between the Resmed 10 and the Resmed 11. One site that has a good list of the differences is called CPAP.  That’s it, just CPAP and then the com. It must have been one of the first CPAP companies on line, or maybe they paid a lot for that domain name.  As pholynyk said, there doesn’t seem to be any difference in the algorithm. Some  differences might be important to some people, for example, the 11 has Bluetooth. The 11 is good at elevations up to 9,670 feet/ 2947 meters, whereas the 10 is good only up to 8,500 feet/ 2590 meters. However, if you’re using it at an elevation of 9,670 feet/ 2947 meters, there’s a good chance you’ll be camping, and if you’re camping you’ll need a battery supply, which the 11 doesn’t have. There have been several posts about that shortcoming.
Post Reply Post Reply
As11 new does not means better.
Fixed position hose pain in rv
The biggest PAIN was my air software app which refused to connect  my android phone.to the as11 

Until I used my windows laptop with 30x more  of trying doing the exact same procedure it finally connected.

Now it's connected but NO data showing on my air app.

Glad I told the rep I wanted a backup SD card to which he replied why would you need that?
Ans: so I can prove I used the machine to medicare otherwise I have to pay for it.

By the way the card is recording data IN THE WRONG TIME ZONE. will not wipe card, I just know I went to bed at 1230am not 230am

Rep did not look at that ...

On old as10 I was averaging 2.2 events an hr at fixed 4.6 pressure. Which I changed to 6.0 and felt better. Now on new as11 5/21/22 auto setting events is .75 an hour at 6 min 20max. Going to wait 10 days and see what figures look like. Leakage went up did not like that its 6.7% over limit. More pressure more leakage but machine said seal was good all night.

My airflow never went above 15, it maxed out at 13

think in 10 day will take max pressure down to 15 with min at 6.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the option to upgrade my S10 to the newer 11 and declined the opportunity.
One, it doesn't support my ResMed Oximeter package. Two, it does not have any increased functionality that benefits me. Three, it appears to use the same blower as the AIrMini. And four, I don't need gamified controls and displays in a lightweight housing.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 91 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,328 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Varying measurements from AS11 and Oxymeter fuzz 8 382 02-02-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 107 8,042 01-24-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  as11 not recording data Irish44395 8 395 01-06-2024, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Irish44395
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Does ResMed plan to upgrade to 5G ? 3disorders 1 484 11-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.