Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Upgraded to Airsense 10 from System One. Couple questions though.
Upgraded to Airsense 10 from System One. Couple questions though.
Hello everyone!!!  Been a few weeks.  Hope everyone is well.  

Anyway, I found a used Airsense 10 autoset, at the recommendation of a couple advisory members, online for 225 with only 1800 hours on it!!  Killer deal.  (At least I think it was.)   Don't know if i can post where I got it, but if anyone would like to know, they have a lot of pretty good deals on CPAP, Bipap, Autopaps on it.  If you'd like to know the site/app PM me and I can let you know what it is.  
              On to my question.  In Oscar and Sleepyhead, in the event graph, it doesn't report Flow limitations, or RERAs.  I have the tab checked for them, but they don't show up.  I thought the Airsense 10 autoset reported those events too.  The flow limitations show up in the overview tab, but not the daily graph.  Could it possibly be that the software version on the machine is an older one.  The version on the machine is  SX567-0205,and from what I've seen, other people have SX567-0306 or 0305.  I've already googled how the machine updates, and it's nearly impossible to do a manual update on it, unless you can get a DME to do it.  Since I bought it from a private seller I'm not holding my breath on getting it updated. 
              Thanks in advance for any info anybody can give me.  I'll post a couple charts after a couple nights of using it.  I have used it a couple days during the daytime.  I work 7P-7A, and don't really put too much weight in the charts those days, but am off the next few nights and will have some charts I kind of trust more. AHI not that  much better than with the system one, but then again, I'm just learning how this machine reacts and will tweak the settings more when I figure how this machine reacts.  

Brian  

P.S. Here is one chart showing what Oscar shows me in the events graph.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Upgraded to Airsense 10 from System One. Couple questions though.
I have the same machine. It shows RERAS in the events but not flow limitations. There is no tab for flow limitations. I assume you are referencing the pull down tabs at the bottom left corner of the graphs section. In future postings please organize your charts as described in the link below to show events, flow rates, pressure (not mask pressure), leak rates, and flow limit. They are the most important data we need to help you.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The Bweekzzz,
I can’t say for sure, but I believe the earlier models of the AirSense 10’s did not report rera’s.
You may have one of the earlier machines.

Your AHI is great, but why don’t you try the EPR setting? Your pressure needs seem high, and an EPR of at least 2 would give you some exhale relief.

Just curious, how do you compare the AirSense to the System One as far as comfort?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Melman.  Sorry, I hadn't organized the chart yet, because I was just trying to show the events graph.  The tab I'm talking about is the preferences tab, then the events tab, and I checked Flow Limitations and RERAs, but they don't  show up in the events graph.  I'm thinking it's because the machine is from 2014 with an older software version, but I'm not sure about that.  If you have any ideas what I'm not doing right, It would be appreciated.
                  Here's the new, organized chart.  Thank you for any help.

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose!!!  Great to "see" you again.  
                     I've always been ok with setting the Aflex with the System One, and now with the Airsense 10 to a low number.  Usually 1 or off.  I find that my centrals "come back" when I go to 3.  I tried EPR 3 the first session and that's exactly what happened, so I set it to off and they went away.  With the System One, I did find that exhaling was more difficult though with the lower Aflex/Cflex to 1 or off.  
                      As far as the difference between the machines.  I'm finding that the Airsense is more comfortable, especially with the EPR compared to Cflex.  I was using straight CPAP mode on the System One though.  With the Airsense 10 I'm starting out with APAP 10-20, just so I can see how the machine "feels" first, so not sure if things would be different if I used straight CPAP with the Airsense, because I'm only starting out with 10 minimum pressure.  The Airsense does seem to take care of events better though.  If I set the System One to APAP 10-20 my events graph looks like a hurricane came through.  I'll see what things look like over the next few night, because, as I said, I work nights Sun, Mon, Tuesday and that's not really good sleep during the day, no matter how much Benadryl I take.  LOL.  
                       Here's a more organize chart.  If you have any suggestions, I love to hear them, but for now I'm gonna leave it on APAP 10-20, just to see how things pan out.  If I need to increase the min pressure, then I will.  I know it's what I'm gonna have to do, but for now, like I said I just want to see how the machine "feels"
                        Hope your having a wonderful week!  

Brian

Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to post the organized chart in the last comment.  Duh.  LOL.  Here it is

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree, it’s best not to use EPR if Centrals come back.
Hope you have a good week too, and let us know how this new machine is working out for you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will definitely do.  You guys are such a great group, I’ll never be away for too long.  

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2019, 05:49 PM)Bweekzzz Wrote: Hi Melman.  Sorry, I hadn't organized the chart yet, because I was just trying to show the events graph.  The tab I'm talking about is the preferences tab, then the events tab, and I checked Flow Limitations and RERAs, but they don't  show up in the events graph.  I'm thinking it's because the machine is from 2014 with an older software version, but I'm not sure about that.  If you have any ideas what I'm not doing right, It would be appreciated.
                  Here's the new, organized chart.  Thank you for any help.

Brian

See the gray rectangle labeled LL just below flow limits. In OSCAR click the down arrow and you will see similar tabs for CA, UA, OA, H, & RE (RERA). All should be green. If any are red, click on them to change them to green. Then they will all show up in your events unlesss not supported by your machine. Based on the chart you posted for Opal I second the recommendation that you use EPR. You have a lot of flow limitations and EPR should reduce them as well as lower your pressure requirements. It will also reduce RERAS.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is recording the flow limitations in OSCAR and they are really high. Please go into settings and set EPR On at Full-time at 3. I think this should reduce your maximum pressures, improve comfort and drop the flow limits measurably. As is, your machine is maxing out pressure due to the flow limits. I'm looking forward to seeing what difference happens with EPR at 3.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 146 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 49 852 03-25-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,039 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.