Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Upload of OSCAR Data-Review Help Requested
Upload of OSCAR Data-Review Help Requested
Hi all,

I've just finished up my second full week of CPAP use, and I am started to understand the data somewhat.  I could really use some guru insight into what I am seeing.

A couple of notes:
1.  Mask change from Resmed F10 to F&P Simplus on 05-16-19
2.  Changed to current pressures on 5-11-19 (4 to 8 min.)  
3.  I usually have some wine or other alcohol on weekend nights (at dinner).  I have no instances where I have drank to the point of drunk during CPAP use.
4.  Initial sleep study (at home setting) was 77 AHI

I am seeing what looks to be patterns across the data, but I do not understand what they really mean.  Certainly seems that I have a lot more snores than I would expect after reading others stories.   It also seems that my 95% was trending down after min pressure change but is trending up since then.  Median pressure was up the last two nights (alcohol?).

In general, I need help but I truly want to understand this data to be able to assist myself.  Your assistance in help me get there is really appreciated!

Thank you in advance Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Upload of OSCAR Data-Review Help Requested
Your AHI is good so what I have below is optional
Changes should be based on how you feel looking more at comfort than numbers.

You have quite a few flow limitations and RERAs which are a series of flow limitations followed by arousal. Arousal is bad.

I would set flex to 2 and increase your min pressure by 2. That should have a miminal effect on your therapy but this one change and I expect it to be followed by pressure increases to your min depending on your results
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe flex is already set at 2. Does that change anything about what you think?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I would raise your minimum pressure higher to reduce snores and hypopnoea a further 1cm may help
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!  I will do that tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
With flex at 2 (check it please) only bump min up 1. With the potential to do more later
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 83 Yesterday, 06:02 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,296 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 259 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 387 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 112 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.