Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Im i getting better
RE: Im i getting better
Hope and positive thoughts are always great to have. If you have to remain on CPAP therapy, it is better than the potential alternative!

Welcome!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2013, 05:56 AM)rogejeffr Wrote:
(11-03-2013, 04:04 AM)vsheline Wrote: If you no longer need PAP therapy, your mean pressure and 95 percentile pressure and max pressure would all be the same as the minimum pressure setting, no mater how low you adjusted the minimum pressure.

Every time the AutoSet adjusts itself higher than its minimum pressure, it is saying you need stronger PAP therapy than its minimum pressure setting.

Sleep position is usually very important, too. I sleep in a snug teeshirt which has a tennis ball in a pocket sewn right between my shoulder blades, to keep me from rolling onto my back while asleep. Keeping off my back reduces how much pressure my machine needs to provide.

not sure about what you are saying but here is the pressure,s you say about
MEDIAN = 13.1
95TH PERCENTILE = 19.9
MAXIMUM = 19.9

(11-03-2013, 08:15 AM)rogejeffr Wrote:
(11-03-2013, 07:18 AM)me50 Wrote: I think what he is saying is that if you no longer needed CPAP therapy that your median, 95% and maximum pressure would all be the same (the lowest number in the range set on your autoset). For example, if your pressure range is set at 13 to 20, the median, 95% and maximum pressure would show 13.

so looking at my figures i still need it oh well not the end of the world and now i know what to look for, thanks to the nice people on this site, thanks to you all Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I assume your Max Pressure setting is 20. Since your 95 percentile pressure is so close to your Max Pressure setting, your machine is virtually max'ed out at least 5% of the time. It is important to see if you can lower your 95 percentile number by keeping off your back, which is usually the worst position for obstructive apneas.

I sleep wearing a snug teeshirt with a tennis ball in a pocket seen right between the shoulder blades, to make sure I do not roll onto my back while sleeping.

Continuing to lose weight like you are doing will likely also be very helpful, as well as will be wonderful for your general health.

If possible for you, I suggest installing ResScan or SleepyHead and looking at the time plot of how your pressure and obstructive events are varying throughout the night.

Take care and keep up the great progress,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff, it's really important that you concentrate on your weight loss, exercise, good eating habits and of course your driving. I and I'm sure others would like to know how you have and are still losing the weight, I'm not overweight but could always afford to lose a pound or two. By coming on here you not only find out things you want to know, but you can also help others which I'm sure they would appreciate, keep up your good work.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.