Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Uploading Sleepyhead Data...
RE: Uploading Sleepyhead Data...
(11-02-2013, 12:13 AM)robysue Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 06:58 PM)Robert Johnston Wrote: I just responded to another member regarding my issue & realized I do have the "Escape" mode. Might explain the problems I am having. But, when I visit the sleep clinic (used to anyway) they seemed to have a way to plot data.(emphasis added)
The only data your sleep clinic can get off your S9 Escape is usage data---i.e. how many hours you used the machine.

They undoubtedly looked at that usage data and told you about it as it if it were terribly important and was something you could not possibly know for yourself.

But the sad fact is, if you're using an S9 Escape, they have no more idea what your treated AHI is on a nightly basis than you do. Nor do they have any idea any idea if you are experiencing any leak problems that are serious enough to interfere with the quality of your therapy.

In other words, the only real measure of the efficacy your therapy they have is How well do you feel?

If things are going well, How well do you feel? is a perfectly good measure of efficacy.

But if you're having trouble with your therapy---if you are still not feeling well or if you are feeling WORSE than you did before starting CPAP therapy, then How well do you feel? is a lousy way of measuring the efficacy of your therapy because nobody knows what the real cause of your troubles is. It could be you've got leak problems. It could be your pressure is too low and too many obstructive events are getting through the defenses. Or it could be you're in the unlucky 10-15% of PAPers who develop problems with central apnea after starting PAP therapy and your current pressure setting is high enough to trigger clinically significant numbers of CAs.

Very interesting comment, very insightful! CPAP therapy has made a world of difference in my quality of sleep. My wife has noticed that I do snore a little lately, but no where close to the snoring before CPAP therapy. I don't know if you picked up on my sleep clinic's change in financial obligations (can't afford it now, thanks Metro Atlanta hospital for the buyout). This is why I am here in this forum, trying to take charge & manage my CPAP therapy. To all that have responded to my thread, thanks & I will check back periodically!Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,078 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  Uploading SD Card Air 11 to Oscar emarkovitz28 3 443 09-19-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: emarkovitz28
  Resmed 11 not uploading data jerrykur 1 456 08-08-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 800 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.