Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

bigger face masks?
bigger face masks?
Hi all, I just got my new resmed airsense 10 and have been using it for about 2 months now.  I started out with the Large F20 face mask and the Medium F30 hybrid.  Unfortunately they both are not fitting on my face very well.   The F20 doesnt fit around my big mouth causing leaks and the F30's air pillows don't align well with my nostrils so when I turn over to my side I usually lose air flow.  Are there any other larger masks or hybrids that can work with the airsense?? I was looking at the Amara View Full Face Hybrid but I dont know if it will work?

Any suggestions would be helpful!  Thanks!  Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: bigger face masks?
All masks are interchangeable and work with all Cpap machines. The most leaks are full face masks next are nasal masks and the last are pillows masks. It is one thing that no one can tell you the “best” one. It is an on going search that I have been on for 15 years.

With that being said if you are NOT a mouth breather try a pillows mask like the ResMed airfit P 30i.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I think most would agree, finding the right mask is trial & error. I was lucky, as I tried an AirFit F20 and I was good to go. I later bought an AirFit F30 (medium) and it's now my go-to mask. 

Between the two of them, I do pretty good.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I think new masks will require a test drive to tell if it's going to work.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree, but testing masks these days are a bit rough lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back in 2014, I started PAP therapy, with a Resmed Mirage Quattro.  I knew I needed a FFM, as I was (and am) an inveterate mouth-breather.  No long after, I decided to try another mask.  Using Supplier #26, I tried a F&P Simplus, after reading a number of comments from users here.  The Simplus is roomy and seals very well for me, and I've been using it ever since, with good results.  There is a .pdf sizing guide document available for this mask, to take away some of the guessing.  This supplier had a nice mask return policy, you can return a mask for exchange any number of times, for any reason.  I recently rechecked and their return policy is similar or better than it was - hard to go wrong.

I recently tried the updated Vitera, quite similar to the Simplus, but it didn't work for me.  Either should be worth a try for you.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 396 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.