Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Uploading User data
RE: Uploading User data
The Vauto offers finer adjustments of pressure support, adjustments of trigger sensitivity that can reduce the numbers of CA events in some people and is in general a more refined version of your current therapy. If you're comfortable with the price and understand it may or may not help then you should get it. If you ever need ASV, you will likely have to demonstrate you can't achieve efficacy on a bilevel machine anyway, so this is a way to move forward in the process, especially if you keep your doctor involved in your efforts to improve therapy so he can keep your record updated and support you as needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Completely agree with SR above.
Check run hours on the unit and the environment it is from, is it non- smoking home.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2020, 09:05 AM)bonjour Wrote: Completely agree with SR above.
Check run hours on the unit and the environment it is from, is it non- smoking home.
Attached is last night's screen.

It is listed as '5000+' hours and I'm trying to contact the seller reConfusedmoking home or no. If this is likely the next pathway of treatment then I don't see a reason to not at least try it. I'm in the middle of moving atm so I'll hold off till I have my new address sorted. 

re:changes to my CPAP therapy -  I think I may have misunderstood an earlier post. Should I be looking to increase or lower my fixed pressure? I'm happy with EPR at 3 as it's comfortable.
Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Being told by a Doctor that you don't have Sleep Apnea is a symptom of having Sleep Apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
When considering cost, think of 5000 hours as representing 1/3 of the machine's life.
For me, I am extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke, having been taken to my knees literally by a cigarette at 100 yards, a smoking environment would be a total deal-breaker for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2020, 03:16 PM)bonjour Wrote: When considering cost, think of 5000 hours as representing 1/3 of the machine's life.
For me, I am extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke, having been taken to my knees literally by a cigarette at 100 yards, a smoking environment would be a total deal-breaker for me.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. I once gave a PC of mine to my friend to repair at his house and he was a chain-smoker. I got it back a week later and when I booted it up the room stunk of stale cigarettes - don't fancy adding that into my treatment!

As it stands I'm in the process of moving to Germany from UK anyway so I think I'll hold off and wait till I can afford a new one (probably 1-2months) . I'm seeing this dr in in the meantime so hopefully he can corroborate what we've established here and I can start moving forward with whatever treatment is necessary (Bi-lvl or ASV etc). 

As to CPAP for now - should I be looking to increase or decrease my pressure and will it have much bearing on my CAs? I've added my screen from last night.
Thankyou kindly, as always!

Being told by a Doctor that you don't have Sleep Apnea is a symptom of having Sleep Apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
Events are all central which calls for lower pressure and especially less EPR. My suggestion is to cut EPR to 1 or 2 and pressure at 7.0. We arrived at using EPR for comfort and with the awareness it might make CA events worse. Both have proven true. It may come down to deciding between comfort and the inconsistent CA events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2020, 10:56 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Events are all central which calls for lower pressure and especially less EPR.  My suggestion is to cut EPR to 1 or 2 and pressure at 7.0.  We arrived at using EPR for comfort and with the awareness it might make CA events worse.   Both have proven true.  It may come down to deciding between comfort and the inconsistent CA events.

Ok thanks Sleeprider, I’ll take all this advice on and keep incrementally  adjusting pressure/EPR and see if I can get a balance.
Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all, just an update as to my treatment. I've been back and forward between Germany and Poland the past 5 weeks (a disastrous moving situation which I'm sure has negatively impacted my sleep) but I'm now in Poland for the next week or so. My CAs have been unpredictable (as predicted!) but I'm not much better or worse than before (but still definitely suffering from poor sleep).  

I had my consultation with a Dr, who firstly loaned me an Sp02 meter that confirmed that there was no significant drop in 02 overnight. He also advised me to get a continuous Glucose monitor to check that there's no Diabetes/prediabetes etc causing me energy problems - my average Gluscose is in normal range.

We went through the same process of adjusting EPR and pressure, as I've done already based on my advice from here (I tried to explain that I'd done this already but I'm speaking to the Dr through a translator so communication is difficult and time with him short) but no significant improvement. He did this titration using an Airsense 10 Autoset he had as my Resmed machine can't be accessed remotely unless by my NHS clinic, who were unwilling when I asked them to transfer my machine's Airview account to my current dr (this is why there's another machine in the summary but I used similar settings to CPAP).

I convinced him to loan me an Aircurve 10 Vauto to try it out. I've had it 2 nights (attached are both nights but 1st night i only used it for 2h because of nasal/breathing problems). After the first night he rang up and confirmed that I have Treatment-emergent CSA and that he doesn't think that the Vauto will help much more than CPAP. He has also an ASV (Resmed 9 series one I think) but is extremely reluctant to loan me it as he can't access the machine remotely to titrate it.

He advised me to buy longer tubing (over 9'/2.7m) or DIY a longer hose by joining another, shorter, hose to my existing one (obviously following the EERS route). I had a spare length of tubing so I've made a 3m long one and will try it tonight.

Does anything stick out from the Vauto data (I know there's little to go off)? I'll have it a few more days I think.
Thanks, as always. TS

Post Reply Post Reply
On your Vauto, try EPAP 4.0, IPAP 7.0 and change trigger sensitivity to high. Trust me, the doctor won't know about trigger sensitivity. You are in VPAP S mode, and if trigger sensitivity is not available in that mode, switch to Vauto and set EPAP min an max the same an max pressure as 7.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2020, 12:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: On your Vauto, try EPAP 4.0, IPAP 7.0 and change trigger sensitivity to high. Trust me, the doctor won't know about trigger sensitivity.  You are in VPAP S mode, and if trigger sensitivity is not available in that mode, switch to Vauto and set EPAP min an max the same an max pressure as 7.0.

I enabled Vauto mode and the trigger settings aren't available (I checked in all modes to make sure it wasn't just me!). 

I looked up the clinician manual online and there is a disclaimer stating that some settings might not be available in certain regions - has this issue been encountered before?

Looking at other items in the clinician menu I've noticed that Rise Time, Cycle and Ti Min/Max aren't available either.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 181 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 153 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 644 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 179 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 297 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 717 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 347 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.