Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Uploading data
RE: Uploading data
(09-25-2012, 09:44 AM)JJJ Wrote: While the slider on the side of the card can make the card read-only, it won't stop the DME from erasing your data because all they need to do is move the slider.
Do you mean if the DME move the slider to the unlock position?

If you put a locked card into the S9 ... The S9 ask you to unlock/remove the card and wont start as long as the card in the locked position

Post Reply Post Reply
Or use 2 cards. All they want is the compliance. The day you go to the DME, put in a second card, let it load, check to make sure it has the correct dates and stuff, and take in the second card. You keep the original. Or visa versa.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2012, 03:05 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-25-2012, 09:44 AM)JJJ Wrote: While the slider on the side of the card can make the card read-only, it won't stop the DME from erasing your data because all they need to do is move the slider.

Do you mean if the DME move the slider to the unlock position?

Yes. You can hand the card to the DME personnel with the slider in the lock position (so it is read-only), and if they want to delete the data all they have to do is move the slider to the unlock position (making it read-write).

The point is that if the DME personnel are intent on wiping your data from the card there is no effective way to stop them. If you are intent on keeping the data the only secure way to do so is to back it up onto your computer before handing the card to the DME, or use Paula's suggestion to use two cards.

I'd still ask them first. I have heard of DMEs erasing the data from reading this board, but my take is that most do not do so. Neither my DME nor my doctor's office erased my card when I handed it to them. Have you called the DME to ask if they will wipe your data>
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2012, 10:14 PM)JJJ Wrote: Yes. You can hand the card to the DME personnel with the slider in the lock position (so it is read-only), and if they want to delete the data all they have to do is move the slider to the unlock position (making it read-write).

The point is that if the DME personnel are intent on wiping your data from the card there is no effective way to stop them. If you are intent on keeping the data the only secure way to do so is to back it up onto your computer before handing the card to the DME, or use Paula's suggestion to use two cards.

I'd still ask them first. I have heard of DMEs erasing the data from reading this board, but my take is that most do not do so. Neither my DME nor my doctor's office erased my card when I handed it to them. Have you called the DME to ask if they will wipe your data>

Another reason why using 2 cards is more preferable is that the DME Provider or the Sleep Doctor could change some of your settings by merely putting them on the card. Then, if you did not want those settings changes, you would have to change them back. And everytime you put that card back into the machine, it would change the settings again.

So, just use 2 different cards.
When you come back from your appointment, just externally format the card you brought to them just to make sure.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,078 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  Uploading SD Card Air 11 to Oscar emarkovitz28 3 443 09-19-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: emarkovitz28
  Resmed 11 not uploading data jerrykur 1 457 08-08-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,652 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.