Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Sex: Male

RE: Uploading data
(09-25-2012 09:44 AM)JJJ Wrote:  While the slider on the side of the card can make the card read-only, it won't stop the DME from erasing your data because all they need to do is move the slider.
Do you mean if the DME move the slider to the unlock position?

If you put a locked card into the S9 ... The S9 ask you to unlock/remove the card and wont start as long as the card in the locked position
09-25-2012 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Or use 2 cards. All they want is the compliance. The day you go to the DME, put in a second card, let it load, check to make sure it has the correct dates and stuff, and take in the second card. You keep the original. Or visa versa.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
09-25-2012 06:04 PM
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Most recent: Wisp, Pilairo, Mirage Vista
Humidifier: ResMed S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 17-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(09-25-2012 03:05 PM)zonk Wrote:  
(09-25-2012 09:44 AM)JJJ Wrote:  While the slider on the side of the card can make the card read-only, it won't stop the DME from erasing your data because all they need to do is move the slider.

Do you mean if the DME move the slider to the unlock position?

Yes. You can hand the card to the DME personnel with the slider in the lock position (so it is read-only), and if they want to delete the data all they have to do is move the slider to the unlock position (making it read-write).

The point is that if the DME personnel are intent on wiping your data from the card there is no effective way to stop them. If you are intent on keeping the data the only secure way to do so is to back it up onto your computer before handing the card to the DME, or use Paula's suggestion to use two cards.

I'd still ask them first. I have heard of DMEs erasing the data from reading this board, but my take is that most do not do so. Neither my DME nor my doctor's office erased my card when I handed it to them. Have you called the DME to ask if they will wipe your data>
09-25-2012 10:14 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
StuUnderPressure Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage SoftGel with Camo Headgear
Humidifier: ResMed H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 13 - 19
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: ResScan Version 4.3.0.7081

(09-25-2012 10:14 PM)JJJ Wrote:  Yes. You can hand the card to the DME personnel with the slider in the lock position (so it is read-only), and if they want to delete the data all they have to do is move the slider to the unlock position (making it read-write).

The point is that if the DME personnel are intent on wiping your data from the card there is no effective way to stop them. If you are intent on keeping the data the only secure way to do so is to back it up onto your computer before handing the card to the DME, or use Paula's suggestion to use two cards.

I'd still ask them first. I have heard of DMEs erasing the data from reading this board, but my take is that most do not do so. Neither my DME nor my doctor's office erased my card when I handed it to them. Have you called the DME to ask if they will wipe your data>

Another reason why using 2 cards is more preferable is that the DME Provider or the Sleep Doctor could change some of your settings by merely putting them on the card. Then, if you did not want those settings changes, you would have to change them back. And everytime you put that card back into the machine, it would change the settings again.

So, just use 2 different cards.
When you come back from your appointment, just externally format the card you brought to them just to make sure.
09-26-2012 11:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,398 09-01-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Revised Post Regarding "I need help with SH data" - with data included! Jeffo1 3 592 05-16-2016 11:28 PM
Last Post: Jeffo1
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 2,252 10-06-2014 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz
  Does reading the data card erase the data? Marnid2014 22 8,556 03-12-2014 12:36 PM
Last Post: retired_guy
  Uploading Sleepyhead Data... Robert Johnston 10 2,752 11-03-2013 03:55 PM
Last Post: Robert Johnston