Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Uploading data
Uploading data
Hello all. My machine, which I am still "renting" from the manufacturer, has a data card. How do I get that data into my computer to use it with SleepyHead software? I don't think my computer has a "jack" for one of those. Also, this card will eventually have to be returned to Carecentrics, who is using it to monitor my use of the machine and report back to Blue Cross. I need to make sure the data stays on the card too. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Uploading data
(09-24-2012, 09:51 PM)Gaspnea Wrote: Hello all. My machine, which I am still "renting" from the manufacturer, has a data card. How do I get that data into my computer to use it with SleepyHead software? I don't think my computer has a "jack" for one of those. Also, this card will eventually have to be returned to Carecentrics, who is using it to monitor my use of the machine and report back to Blue Cross. I need to make sure the data stays on the card too. Thanks.

Most laptops have a card reader slot, but few desktop computers come with one. If your computer does not have a place to plug the card in you can get a USB adapter for a few bucks at any computer electronics place.

Once you get an adapter and get the card properly plugged into it the card should show up in your computer as a drive. To get SleepyHead to read the card just point SleepyHead to the drive (not the folder) containing the data.

Regarding the data and Carecentrics, some places erase the data and then hand the card back to you. Most places just read the data and leave it on the card. But it is trivial to be sure that you retain your data. Once you get the card into an adapter and visible to your computer, just make a folder somewhere and copy everything off the card to the folder. If Carecentrics erases the data, just copy it back. The data is just text files.

You should also be aware that the SD card is just a standard cheap 2 GB card that can be bought for $5-10 at any electronics place. You can just substitute your own card if you like.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your computer doesn't have a card reader you can by an external one that plugs in using a USB connection.
It should not delete the information without asking and giving you the option to select yes or no.

Check your computers operating manual to see if it has an SD card reader or a multi card reader first before buying an external card reader
Post Reply Post Reply
If your computer don,t have card slot than you need to get a SD card reader, nothing special just any cheap card reader will do the job.
Every time you put the card back in the machine, The S9 write stats data on the card. The SD card stores 365 days of stats and summary data so they can check your compliance.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, thanks so much to all of you! I realized that if I want to track my progress, now is the time to do it during the first 3 months of CPAP therapy. I am pretty sure I have to turn this card in at the end of the 3 month period. There is no such thing as a copy-protected SD card, is there?
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)
7 days of high resolution flow data
[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]

Card Locking Feature
On most SD memory cards, there is a sliding "lock" on the left side of the card. When moved downward to the "lock" position, data can be read from the card, but new data cannot be written to the card. When moved up to the "unlocked" position, data can be either read or written to the card. When used in conjunction with a data-recording CPAP machine, it is important to make certain that the SD card remains in the "unlocked" position so the machine can record patient data to the memory card.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sd_card

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, thanks zonk. You guys are so helpful! And now, I have a date with Mr. CPAP---haha. Good night everyone and thanks again. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2012, 11:01 PM)Gaspnea Wrote: Good night everyone and thanks again. Sleep-well
Too early for me to go bed - just passed 2 o,clock in the afternoon. Good night
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIMJT9V9pEmXlHcJl3ZKX..._fNRzTMWnk]
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2012, 10:58 PM)zonk Wrote: The SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)
7 days of high resolution flow data
[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]

Card Locking Feature
On most SD memory cards, there is a sliding "lock" on the left side of the card. When moved downward to the "lock" position, data can be read from the card, but new data cannot be written to the card. When moved up to the "unlocked" position, data can be either read or written to the card. When used in conjunction with a data-recording CPAP machine, it is important to make certain that the SD card remains in the "unlocked" position so the machine can record patient data to the memory card.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sd_card

Just as an addendum to this, I have forgotten to return my card to my machine a few times, leaving it in my laptop. While you will lose the extremely high level of detailed data, when you do return the card to your machine the next day it will write the prior night's data to the card in a less detailed format. This should not be of concern as far as your DME goes as they are after compliance data which will be there, and most of the rest of the detail will be there. I manage to do this every few weeks and while it irritates me, it doesn't really hurt anything.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
While the slider on the side of the card can make the card read-only, it won't stop the DME from erasing your data because all they need to do is move the slider.

A better way to make sure they preserve your data is to set the permissions on the card to read-write for yourself and read-only for everyone else. However, I suspect the card uses VFAT file system, which does not support permissions, so this may not be possible.

As I said earlier, the best way to be sure you still have your data is to make a backup before taking the card to the DME.

You might also consider doing what I did when I first took my card to the doctor's office. As I handed the card to the doctor's assistant I said "Please don't erase or reformat the card because I want to keep the data." (I had already made a backup on my computer, just in case.) She replied "Oh, we just copy the data onto our computer for the doctor to read; we don't erase it." Sometimes it's simpler just to ask.Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,078 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  Uploading SD Card Air 11 to Oscar emarkovitz28 3 443 09-19-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: emarkovitz28
  Resmed 11 not uploading data jerrykur 1 457 08-08-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,652 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.