Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ups and downs. My experiences and Suggestions invited.
RE: Ups and downs. My experiences and Suggestions invited.
I was looking at some "photos of the day" a few weeks ago. One of them was of a man in a tank, hanging out with a shark. The text said he was a "competitive apneac". I thought Cool! Paralympics specialty?

So I looked it up. Competitive apneac is those folks who dive down without a tank and see how long they can stay down. Not snorkel, but actual dives. Some of these folks can hold their breath a long time!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ups and downs. My experiences and Suggestions invited.
(11-30-2012, 09:09 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Competitive apneac is those folks who dive down without a tank and see how long they can stay down. Not snorkel, but actual dives. Some of these folks can hold their breath a long time!

Yeah, I'm like, "Huh, some OSA patient actually feels well enough to compete? Amazing". BigwinkToo-funny

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 8 107 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 545 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 750 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 3,096 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 315 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 342 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.