Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Urgent! Why is my CPAP therapy causing weird stomach pains, bloating, gas and IBS?
RE: Urgent! Why is my CPAP therapy causing weird stomach pains, bloating, gas and IBS?
(12-05-2020, 11:21 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'm glad the stomach pains have diminished.

The best cleaning timing is what you're comfortable with. I rinse the humidifier tub when i change the water typically every other night. The mask cushion, hose and the humidifier tub get soaked in very warm water and dish soap for several minutes, then a light scrub, and a rinse with clean water weekly if I stay with my schedule. I typically change intake filter every other week or so.

Now on the reduced apnea and not noticing negative affects after a one night off PAP, and that you're going to be cured of apnea, sorry unless you had very low apnea to begin with, apnea treatment is for life. PAP is treatment not a cure.

Hi Dave,
But I heard that sometimes apnea can be cured or brought down to normal safe levels, if one loses weight. Isn't that so? A lot of sleep apnea videos on YouTube say that weight loss can cure it. Isn't that true? Did I misunderstand something? If the problem is extraneous fat in the throat, then losing weight may reduce the throat fat and open up the air passageways right?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Urgent! Why is my CPAP therapy causing weird stomach pains, bloating, gas and IBS?
I have done a stomach surgery called bariatric sleeve in 2016. I went from 300 pounds to 200 in about a year due to smaller food intake. It did not cure apnea, because nothing cures it. We use PAP machines to treat it. My weight loss did affect AHI from 78 or so down to 39 or so, roughly half. The AHI numbers from sleep studies before and after the weight loss is my numbers source. But I still need to use the ASV until I get the machine to treat COPD too. So to be clear, there is no cure for apnea. If you had very mild apnea before weight loss, you may not need a PAP, but as far as I'm aware it is rare.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 26 991 2 minutes ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 843 Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 44 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 45 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 178 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 260 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.