Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

downloaded update now Oscar won't open [solved, see post #16]
RE: downloaded update now Oscar won't open
Your best approach would be to use the patch file, which is a Windows batch file that asks what graphics engine you want OSCAR to use, and then runs regedit to change the one value where OSCAR remembers what graphics engine is to be used. If you would prefer to edit the registry manually, I can tell  you where the value is that you will need to change.

Since the "patch file" is a Windows batch file, you can examine it before running it.

None of the other steps would have any effect on a crash.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
No joy re the zip file.  We downloaded it on my wife's computer and when we tried to open it we got the following message:

Cannot Complete the Compressed (zipped) Folders Extraction Wizard
The compressed (zipped) folder is empty
Before you can extract files, you must copy files to this compressed (zipped folder).
Post Reply Post Reply
Trying to debug Windows problems remotely is arduous.

Most likely, your problem is either a corrupted download or a Windows permissions problem. 

The downloaded zip file should be about 546 bytes long. If it is shorter than that, try downloading again.

Are you downloading using the same Windows account as when you try to extract the zip file? 

Alternatively, I have attached a copy of the zip file to this post. Download it on your computer, unzip to get the .bat file, copy the .bat file to your wife's computer and run it there.

Attached Files
.zip   SetOscarGraphicDisplay.zip (Size: 546 bytes / Downloads: 2)
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
We downloaded the bat file to my wife's computer and ran it, selecting OpenGl and then ANGLE, neither of which worked.  We tried rebooting and OSCAR still wouldn't open. We ran the bat file again and we noticed this error message at the top of the cmd window: "ERROR: The process "OSCAR.exe" not found."
Post Reply Post Reply
The error message is normal as the batch file tries to terminate OSCAR before changing the registry. If OSCAR is not open, that message results.

Hmmm, I thought that was the problem, but apparently not.

Please look at the OSCAR_Data\logs\debug.txt file. Around line 24 should be a statement like this:

Code:
Debug: Graphics Engine type: LegacyGFX

Please confirm that it now says ANGLE or OpenGL instead of LegacyGFX, depending on which graphics engine you tried to set last.

I notice you are running OSCAR 1.3.1. I recommend updating to the current 1.4.0 version.

Had you used 1.4.0 before? If so, and you now are running 1.3.1, we don't test for backward compatibility.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Uninstalled OSCAR and upgraded to 1.4.0 and it NOW WORKS! :-) The log file is showing OpenGL as the graphics engine.

There's just one more hopefully small thing we'd like to do and that is to delete all of the CPAP data from OSCAR and then we'd have OSCAR read the card. The reason we're doing that is when 1.4.0 was installing there was a message about the old data being modified/upgraded (I don't remember the terminology). We told it to do the modification.

My wife thinks the readings for some of the old data looks like it's been corrupted so, if it's doable, we'd like to delete the old data.

You are a hero in our eyes! If you're even in Northern NV we'd like to buy you a meal. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
One more thing:  We found the Data>Advanced>Purge All Device Data and lo and behold we see that not only did my wife import her CPAP data she also imported mine so that's why you saw both machines in her log data.  We've gone ahead and selected my machine data and deleted it from her OSCAR.  Now when she looks at her data (just her data :-)) there are gaps/holes in the results.  I've advised her to go ahead and delete her data to but she wants to wait until she hears that it's O.K. from you.  Perhaps the fact that we've been married for almost 48 years might explain why she doesn't want to take my advice.   Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: downloaded update now Oscar won't open [solved, see post #16]
Try Data > Rebuild CPAP Data > your machine to rebuild the data from backup. That may fill in the holes.

If your wife's SD card also has data from your machine on it, you probably will want to delete your machine data from her SD card.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
The rebuid cpap data suggestion seems to have worked!  As far as we know her SD card does not have data on it from my machine.  Our best guess is when she went from sleepy head to OSCAR she thought she could create a separate sets of data (one for me and one for her) the way she could on sleepy head.  Hopefully that's what happened and it's not a case where she has data from both machines on her card.

I've just made a donation to the Apnea Board but the offer to buy you a meal is still open if you ever get up our way.

Take care and thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great! I am glad all is working well now.

Thanks for the donation and offer. I don't expect to be in NV any time soon. We aren't making driving trips like we once used to.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 173 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 276 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Update? Fixit50 7 545 01-12-2024, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Fixit50
  How do I update my weight in Oscar alexwatt 2 432 10-20-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: alexwatt
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,308 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,491 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 731 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.